MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Delta Flows (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/31487-delta-flows.html)

bobby 01-15-2005 07:02 PM

Delta Flows

all i can say is WOW! my uncle has a 95 Gm with 350 in it, we took off the muffler and just welded and bent some 3in pipe cominng out the back, it was loud, and not very good tone. Anyways, today we got a 3in Delta flow for it, we jut stuck it on the back to see how it sounds, he started it,......... OMG!!! it was sooooo DEEEEEEEEEp! tommorow we are going to his dads to put it in permanetly cuse he has a lift and welder, cant wait! i was gonna swicth to magnaflow on mine, cuse the flows on there are kinda tinny, but now i think i DEFINETLY wanna get some delta flows, i cant believe how much DEEPER they sound!, i think with headers and O/R h pipe they would sound awsome, anyways, i was wondering........ do they sound a lot deeper on 5.0s?????
so they sell a Delta flow cat back system for my car? and another idea i thought about doing was, get a couple reducers and running 2.5in pipe into 3in mufflers, i think it would sound awsome! what do you guys think??? anyways, any info would be appreciated!, P.S. MD, do you have delta flows on your car or just rgular 40 series?? thanks! :)

oh and i put this in the pipes boost and juice setion , but i figuired it would get looked at a lot more here ;)

bobby 01-15-2005 07:05 PM

RE: Delta Flows

oh and if anyone has sound slips, please post! :D

bobby 01-15-2005 09:08 PM

???

91hatchgt 01-15-2005 09:11 PM

Nothing beats the sound of 40's.. Magna's sounds to *baseball card in the tire* raspy.. Don't know what's wrong with your 40's. Maybe just your ears? lol ;)

91LXstanger 01-15-2005 09:36 PM

i got delta 40's and i think their sound is better than the orginals with and o/r pipe. If its a stock pipe with converters...than get the original 40's. But with the o/r pipes they sound too raspy and tinny!..the o/r h-pipe make the delta's sound great. Low rumbling idle and a clean performance WOT sound. I drove my friends 90 lx conv. with o/r h with original 40's and it didnt seem to have as much UMFF!!, as mine. And this was when we had the same setup..exactly!. Delta's IMO, are perfect for an o/r h-pipe. Oh yeah, get bigger tails!...it sounds even badder!:D

primetime5.0 01-15-2005 11:00 PM

Go with american thunders they sound better than delta flows

bobby 01-16-2005 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: 91LXstanger

i got delta 40's and i think their sound is better than the orginals with and o/r pipe. If its a stock pipe with converters...than get the original 40's. But with the o/r pipes they sound too raspy and tinny!..the o/r h-pipe make the delta's sound great. Low rumbling idle and a clean performance WOT sound. I drove my friends 90 lx conv. with o/r h with original 40's and it didnt seem to have as much UMFF!!, as mine. And this was when we had the same setup..exactly!. Delta's IMO, are perfect for an o/r h-pipe. Oh yeah, get bigger tails!...it sounds even badder!:D

EXCACTLY!!! oh, what is your whole exhaust setup??? do you get any drone???

91LXstanger 01-16-2005 01:19 AM

No they dont!...lol Thats >[sm=lame.gif]

91LXstanger 01-16-2005 01:22 AM

My setup is Shorty bbk's/ o/r h-pipe/delta 40's/ with 3 inch tails. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

bobby 01-16-2005 01:24 AM

yea they do dude! u got an exhaut clip man ?!?!!?