5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Spark plugs % spark plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:06 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Spark plugs % spark plug wires

what wires? go to summit web-site and find your car..can't be any easier..as for plug what roundy is saying if you know the head you have that will deciate the plug and the heat range is up to you.....if it's a stock head then a 24 will be your starting place
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys,

Well, I have no idea about all of that- I don't know how to get to the summit website, and I don't know what kind of head I got or how that determines anything. I'm a TOTAL newbie, you can even call me a Blondie and picture me saying "like, ADUH!" cause I don't get it- newbie to cars here....Give me a pc dismanteled and I'll put it together in under a minute...but cars- uh UHH mmkay? =P

If either of you guys could check what my car has and suggest what sparks plugs, spark plug wires, alternator cap and rotor to get that would work best with my setup I'd appreciate it, specially if you told me why That way I can learn something =)

Ok, good night guys thanks for your help

Dejavu
Old 01-18-2005, 06:09 PM
91LXstanger
3rd Gear Member

well for a guy who doesnt know much about cars, u got a hella of a setup.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:24 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

taylor "409" race wires
Old 01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Hey,

Thanks 91. The guy selling me the car use to build racing cars before he became a US marshall. So he knows what he's doing I guess, but I don't lol, which is the main issue here!

Trying to learn as much as possible on here and books and stuff since I can't really get any hands on experience until I get the car, but the tune up is a big issue for me because I want the car running as perfectly as it possibly can, thats why I keep buggin' =\

Dejavu
Old 01-18-2005, 06:35 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dejavu

Hey,

Thanks 91. The guy selling me the car use to build racing cars before he became a US marshall. So he knows what he's doing I guess, but I don't lol, which is the main issue here!

Trying to learn as much as possible on here and books and stuff since I can't really get any hands on experience until I get the car, but the tune up is a big issue for me because I want the car running as perfectly as it possibly can, thats why I keep buggin' =\

Dejavu
well, its better safe then sorry
Old 01-18-2005, 07:05 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

please those wires..holley annihilators wires..jegs might have them as holley is phasing these wires out...what dumasses they are..

there are wires out there with 25 ohms per foot resist..this is what you want less resist more current to the plug!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:07 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

how come everyone talks about ultra 40 and MSD and taylor and never those???
Old 01-18-2005, 07:13 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

yeah V huh huh? what gives dude.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:13 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

just like 1000's of people buy those sorry *** ford motorsport wires..they don't research.....they're one of the worst.....I think accel has come out with a new wires..most people get caught up on size of the wires and the bs that companies make over the boot not burning..I use metal tape on my boots never had one get a single burn place...

Quick Reply: Spark plugs % spark plug wires