5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Spark plugs % spark plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:19 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Spark plugs % spark plug wires

ORIGINAL: vfast

just like 1000's of people buy those sorry *** ford motorsport wires..they don't research.....they're one of the worst.....I think accel has come out with a new wires..most people get caught up on size of the wires and the bs that companies make over the boot not burning..I use metal tape on my boots never had one get a single burn place...

ya man, i was just wondering, i have never heard of them before, how much does a set run?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:26 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

I bought mine on e-bay for 50.00
Old 01-18-2005, 07:28 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

used?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Ok!

You guys are confusing the crap out of me with all the stuff you guys talk about!

Vfast or RoundMan, give me a name /type of spark plugs to buy and I'll get those, just check my setup and see what works best. Give me a name and type of spark plug wires to buy and I'll get them. Give me a name of a alternator cap and rotor and I'll get it. I want the best performance possible.

I've tried going to autozone and pepboys and online and EVERYONE claims that they're the best for my car, the best for this, the best for that, and I have NO CLUE cause I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've talked to mechanics too and alot of them just go "get ford racing" " get motorcraft" "get holley" "get msd" but no one tells me exacly what, I go and check these guys and they have alot of diff stuff....=(

I don't mind spending 10 bucks on a single spark plug or spending 90 bucks on a set of wires if they're the best I can possibly get and will have my car running smoothly.
The Supercharger is off, but its going back on- I was told if you have a supercharger you need "special" spark plugs, don't know how good that is- and if its true, then I need that cause its definately going back on!! specially since I'm ordering the sweeetest sleeves you'll ever see- i'm gonna post another thread for them right now maybe you guys want to check them out too- they look amazing!

Dejavu
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure what type of spark plug is best with a supercharger, but with wires, my friend has a 11-second Mustang, and he has Ford Racing wires. Everyone says how horrible those are, and how great Taylors are, but when he used Taylor wires, his set burned up on him on the first day it was in, so, um, weird huh? He uses the Ford ones now and have no problems. The main thing I noticed between the two, is that the Taylors are not custom length for Mustangs, so they are too long and tend to hang down. Not only is there is a risk of them touching the headers and melting, but the longer they are, the more resistance. The Ford wires are made for the Mustang and are all numbered to what cylinder they go to, so they are all just the right length. However, due to all the complaints about how crappy they are even though someone with a drag racing Mustang has no problems with them, try looking at the Accel wires which have been around so they should be good, or Holley like vfast insists on but I have never heard of them.

dejavu, when you read someone's reply, maybe try writing down what they suggest, because I've seen several suggestions so far and you're still saying you're not getting any suggestions, don't expect us ALL to say ONE namebrand, obviously more than one will be suggested, they should be ok as long as the person knows what configuration it is going into. Well, the only ones I would stay away from due to a personal account from a friend would be the Taylor wires...

BTW dejavu, the distributor cap and rotor is not related to the alternator, I understand if you're worried about the stock alternator not supplying enough energy for the MSD ignition, but don't worry, it's fine, only if you have a lot of other electronic devices should you be worried.