5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

NEED some help here

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM
hurricanes0688
1st Gear Member

Default NEED some help here

Its been a while since ive been on here, i just pulled my engine today and ahve it all taken apart ready for the HCI + supercharger. I have some questions about what i need to put this back together.

First thing i bought the heads used months ago, i dont have any torque specs for aluminum trickflow track heat heads...i need them where can i get these at...anyone on here...possibly summit or calling trickflow.

I need a gasket set for the engine, which one should i get since its gonna have an hci + 8-10lbs from PN-2000.

Head bolts? which ones will i need...

I need 3/8s roller rockers for the heads, do i need push rods and roller lifters as well? if so what set would be best to get at summit tommorow

And i bought the 76mm maf meter, do i just use the stock sensor on this then?

lastly i have the polished cobra intake manifold...is there anything to plug the where the egr sensor is...or do i need to run that, because im gonna ditch the smog pump so i do i need the egr one?

Any help would be great, i hope to get answers to night as im giong to summit tommorow to pick up what i need.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:10 PM
hurricanes0688
1st Gear Member

Default RE: NEED some help here

please guys need some help getting the last things on my list for tommorow any input would be great
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

You'll need the fel pro ones for aluminum heads 1011-1 I believe if the heads are o-ringed which I would have done since your running a boosted application if not already done?? then you'll need to get gaskets from fel pro for o-ringed heads. as far as all the trick flow specific questions go to their website and download the instructions and the egr you can buy block off plates through summit I believe then once the car runs have it properly tuned.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hurricanes0688

Its been a while since ive been on here, i just pulled my engine today and ahve it all taken apart ready for the HCI + supercharger. I have some questions about what i need to put this back together.

First thing i bought the heads used months ago, i dont have any torque specs for aluminum trickflow track heat heads...i need them where can i get these at...anyone on here...possibly summit or calling trickflow.
call summit, they have great customer service.

I need a gasket set for the engine, which one should i get since its gonna have an hci + 8-10lbs from PN-2000. i cant help you here

Head bolts? which ones will i need... ARP bolts, http://store.summitracing.com/partde...t=ARP-154-3601

I need 3/8s roller rockers for the heads, do i need push rods and roller lifters as well? if so what set would be best to get at summit tommorow
rods: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...t=TFS-21406700
yes get roller lifters, get a new timing chain also

And i bought the 76mm maf meter, do i just use the stock sensor on this then?
the MAF meter has a sensor in it made for a specific injector size.

lastly i have the polished cobra intake manifold...is there anything to plug the where the egr sensor is...or do i need to run that, because im gonna ditch the smog pump so i do i need the egr one? nope, take a flat fiece of plate the shape of the egr flange and drill the holes, put the gasket between the two and bolt the plate down.

Any help would be great, i hope to get answers to night as im giong to summit tommorow to pick up what i need.