5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out*Updated Pg2*

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:43 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

but you can turn the body where ever you want...problem solved.

EDIT- but yes, you can technically be off one tooth.
depending on how far you have to go you might run out of wire. However on my car i tried turning it as far as i had to to get it right and it just stalled, once i advanced the rotor a tooth it fired right up and i was able to set the timing without it stalling.
Agreed
Old 07-15-2007, 07:41 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure what to do... The timing is dead on now and i'm at 16 degrees of timing now... The car isn't running too great and like I said before, I tried to do a U turn and the car stalled when I put it in reverse. The car wouldn't start back up... A few minutes later I tried to start the car and walah it started and I drove it back home. I'm not sure what the problem is now, but i'm guessing it may be that i'm running the 24lb injectors and still have the stock maf and haven't had it recalibrated. That would make sense why it shuts down, so I had the car towed to my local performance shop and i'm going to have them recalibrate my MAF.

-Jeff
Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I'm not sure what to do... The timing is dead on now and i'm at 16 degrees of timing now... The car isn't running too great and like I said before, I tried to do a U turn and the car stalled when I put it in reverse. The car wouldn't start back up... A few minutes later I tried to start the car and walah it started and I drove it back home. I'm not sure what the problem is now, but i'm guessing it may be that i'm running the 24lb injectors and still have the stock maf and haven't had it recalibrated. That would make sense why it shuts down, so I had the car towed to my local performance shop and i'm going to have them recalibrate my MAF.

-Jeff
Are you ****ing kidding me!?!? Do you think that might, just MIGHT be a kind of important thing to tell us!? Wow...
Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

-Jeff
Are you ****ing kidding me!?!? Do you think that might, just MIGHT be a kind of important thing to tell us!? Wow...
No kidding....That is kinda a big thing.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

The timing was off before, whichI did fix.

I was planning to have the MAFrecalibrated like it is being done now. Can somebody let me know why that is going to cause the car to not want to shut up then not start and then decide to start? I'm not too familiar with MAF and injectors but I do understand that the injectors won't be providing as much fuel as 24lb injectors normally would. So wouldn't it still be the same as running 19lb injectors.

I knew this could be a contributing factor and have talked to a few people about it, but I didn't realize I hadn't mentioned it in this thread.

-Jeff
Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Fuel to air ratio. If it is not calibrated correctly the ECM cannot make theadjustments for the car to run properly. I am sure there is a more technical answer butIthink that pretty much sums it up.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

-Jeff
BINGO! Thats the whole problem right there.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Ohhh...My bad. I should really learn to read the whole thread before I respond. LOL!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Sidewayz6.0 i've always loved your avatar, never change it! lolll... gets me everytime.

I'll find out for sure tomorrow. I'm going to have them check for vacuum leaks etc, but the place knows what they are doing and will recalibrate my MAF.

-Jeff
Old 07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out*PLEASE HELP*

Well I had dropped the car off to get the MAF recalibrated and had the shop check everything out and there is an enormous exhaust leak and they are also in the search of a vacuum leak. After the MAF recalibration, it runs like a champ!

-Jeff

Quick Reply: HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out*Updated Pg2*