MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out*Updated Pg2* (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/317212-hci-finished-car-doesnt-want-to-idle-stalling-out-updated-pg2.html)

blackout 07-14-2007 09:46 AM

HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out*Updated Pg2*

UDPATE: Trying to get the timing right.. think it was off even though it would originally start and idle, but now it won't.... Please read posts down below...

So the car starts good and just won't idle. If I hold the gas at 1 grand, the car sounds good and is fine but once I let off shuts off.

Timing should be all good, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

ALMOST STOCK 07-14-2007 09:50 AM

RE: HCI Finished - Car doesn't want to idle stalling out

Possible vacuum leak or that's what my problem was anyway.

my77stang 07-14-2007 10:05 AM

to radical of a cam for the puter to know wtf is going on? maybe it needs to relearn?

blackout 07-14-2007 10:06 AM

that's what i was thinking and checked all lines... What are the key areas that will cause that...

The car won't start unless I give it gas and hold the idle steady... I just went to take the car out for the first time and got a little unlucky... I'm not sure what to do...

The car was idling fine and then after a couple starts it decided it didn't want to start anymore...

blackout 07-14-2007 10:07 AM

ORIGINAL: my77stang

to radical of a cam for the puter to know wtf is going on? maybe it needs to relearn?
I would love for that to be it... It has an e303 cam now... it idles rough like it has a big cam but it was idling fine and now it doesn't want to... I'll try starting it and holding the idle...

91hatchgt 07-14-2007 10:25 AM

The E303 is not a radical cam at all, so that's not your problem. It is probably a vacuum leak, or the timing isn't right, or the fuel pressure needs to be adjusted.

samseed101 07-14-2007 10:32 AM

Distributor off by 1 tooth.

blackout 07-14-2007 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Distributor off by 1 tooth.
That is possible... 1 tooth is possible...

My only thing that makes me disagree though is how come it idled good all last night for a minute and then again this morning and again this morning? I moved the car about 10 ft shut it off... Went to turn it on and then it wanted me to give it gas.

blackout 07-14-2007 10:41 AM

When I set the timing the crank was set to 0 degrees and I tried to line up the dizzy but the cut in the block wasn't even with the mark on the dizzy...

5.0stanger 07-14-2007 10:59 AM

You have a timing light? Adjust your idle with your TB screw and see if you can keep it going, check timing.