5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

VALVE NOISE? OH NO

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

Default RE: VALVE NOISE? OH NO

my rockers and lifters make hella noise and they are adjusted perfectly
Old 07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ruger311

my rockers and lifters make hella noise and they are adjusted perfectly
noise comes from two pieces of metal not making full contact.

.005 of an inch can even do that.

Bad lifters can make noise regardless if they are adjusted properly or not. Get that noise away and power will follow.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

have taken the car to too many preformance shops here in tulsa, the dynos, and in okc and they all say its fine, even when i called comp they said that the RR and the Pro Magnum Hyd Roller Lifters make noise they arent held down by thestock spider
Old 07-17-2007, 03:35 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

haha i loveeeeeeeeee fight club. i agree best movie ever. its the background on myspace. actually me and my buddies do jiu-jitsu and we call it our fightclub hahahha. and people dont know what jiu-jitsu is. best fighting art in the world. dont believe me? look up the gracie challange, never been beat.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

dude WTF is your last post about fivepointohh
Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

It's okay FivePoint... I knew what you meant

And by the way, Ninjitsu is better... if you can find someone here that can teach it properly [8D]

Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

holy crap dude.....my comp must be freakin out. it was in reply to samseed's post. it was all that came up. sorry guys, i quoted it but it didnt work

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: samseed101

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: 94 G STANG

ya sorry the rockers are making noise, how do you adjust them?
i thought they cant be adjusted
[/blockquote]

If they are loose, you need longer push rods, if they are too tight, you use the shims that came with them. To adjust rockers, first, loosen all you rockers. Then start on the number one cylinder, rotate the engine till you see the rocker/push rod you are adjustingmove up and down, keep going till the push rod right next to it(same cylinder) just starts moving up, now you know you are on base circle. Take the lash out(free play) until you have no up and down movement in you push rod but it will still spin freely by hand. From that point, (you have pedestals I assume) you torque to spec of 19ft/lbs. While torquing to that spec after lash you should have no more than one full turn and no less than 1/4 turn. If you have more than one full turn you will have to add a shim, if you have less you will need to remove a shim or get longer push rods.
[/blockquote]

This is completel yoff topic, but I just noticed your sig. Best movie ever But how many people out there recognize it?

[/blockquote]

You are the first....I was wondering how long it would take.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

ohhhhhhhhhh i see now, didnt catch it!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: samseed101

It's okay FivePoint... I knew what you meant

And by the way, Ninjitsu is better... if you can find someone here that can teach it properly [8D]

its been done, no martial art has bested the gracie challange. you can see most of the fights on youtube if you search "jiu-jitsu vs" if a martial art can better gracie jiu-jitsu the family will pay out 500,000 to the person and/or class that is superior
Old 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

But that's the problem. Ninjitsu isn't really a competition-style. It's not something that would work in MMA or any UFC-style fighting because those htings have rules. There are really no rules in Ninjitsu. You do what you have to do to succeed. If you have a weapon, use it. There's no such thing as a fair fight. And you learn to turn ordinary tools into weapons.

Break pones, poke out eyes, slit throats, etc. It may seem gruesome, but its' designed to absically get you out of a life or death situation.

Not that I go anymore, but I used to go about 2 - 3 times a week just to keep in shape. And I figured it would help me at work, lol.Sparring was never really a serious option though because of what you were learning to do (eventually.)

It's nothing like the movies and a LOT of it is similar to jiu jitsu. But they just aded weapons and a bit more violence

Quick Reply: VALVE NOISE? OH NO