got my motormounts, now how do I put them on? with pics - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Reload this Page >

got my motormounts, now how do I put them on? with pics

Notices
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

got my motormounts, now how do I put them on? with pics

Old 07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: got my motormounts, now how do I put them on?

yeah, I looked on the motor, and I dont have them, I guess the yard took them off completely... darn, I'll have to see if I can either A, use the 3.8 upper bracket B, modify the bracket, or C, call Cjs on monday and see if I can get the upper part...

no biggie then, at least I got the right part, not mad at Cjs, cuz its not their fault, sorta mad at myself, cuz I didnt notice it before hand, but then again, its my first motor swap
Old 07-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

why does this stuff have to be difficult? your local pepboys/autozone/napa/advance auto parts should have the right friggen ones.

joo got pwnd!

I made a mistake... sorry I am human... I didnt realize that my motor was lacking the top part of the bracket, or that the hatchback mounts are two pieces... it was my mistake and I'll fix it. I also went with mounts from Cj Pony parts, becuase they know what they are talking about and charged me half of what Advance Auto wanted, for the same product. I have the bottom part that mounts to the k-member, all I am lacking is the part that actually bolts to the block...

joo? I'm catholic
Old 07-15-2007, 12:16 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Hey bro, hate to burst your bubble but you don't have the right motor mounst at all! In all the confusion today with the show and all, they must have misunderstood what you wanted. Those must be for the 4 banget you took out, not for the 5.0 you are putting in!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: creekrat

Hey bro, hate to burst your bubble but you don't have the right motor mounst at all! In all the confusion today with the show and all, they must have misunderstood what you wanted. Those must be for the 4 banget you took out, not for the 5.0 you are putting in!

crap, if I got 4 banger mounts, damn, then I'll have to exchange them... I'll call on monday...

no biggie... mistakes happen...

looks like the engine wont be going in this week after all...
Old 07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

I think thats what happened, they should look exactly like the ones in the diag. you posted
Old 07-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

almost stock posted that... it makes no sense though, I have the invoice and the box for the left and right mounts sitting right here

it reads pt.# MM2682 86-92 LH 5.0 Cp/HB Motormount

and MM2683 86-92 5.0 Cp/HB Motormount

the box also reads the same thing...

now I am confused
Old 07-15-2007, 12:45 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

Thats really weird, I never saw a ford v8 motormount look like that! Must be a mix up somewhere!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: creekrat

Thats really weird, I never saw a ford v8 motormount look like that! Must be a mix up somewhere!

I looked at the top diagram that Almost Stock posted, the diagram that wasnt circled, the motormounts look similar to those, only they are lacking the bracket that bolts into the engineblock itself... I'm more confused than you are, but all I can do is wait till monday and sort it all out, Ive got 29 days left till I go back to school, I gotta finish her quick
Old 07-15-2007, 01:03 AM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Those ARE the correct motor mounts. You are just missing the bolts and the brackets. I am telling you they are NOT the wrong ones. Usually when you change your motor mounts you would have to take the brackets off of the old ones. You just need them and the bolts
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

phew, I was worried for a sec. Ironically I bought the motor from Cjs in june, I guess they just pulled the entire motormount off, so I'll have to see if they have the rest of the mounts lying around somewhere... I assume they do

thanks onetrickpony

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got my motormounts, now how do I put them on? with pics

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.