5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

sn95 semi daily driver question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
red95gtconvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sn95 semi daily driver question

ORIGINAL: sn95aod

you have to keep me posted on that cobra intake, i am assuming you are talking about on stalk headers right? as far as the 3.73's is it still as driveable as the 2.73's just feels like a lot more power? everyone around here says 4.10's or nothing on an aod, but i am like you guys, if i take it on a trip how bad is that going to suck, you know. I was kind of wondering how much flow difference there is from the e7 heads and the 95 cobra heads as far as flow, anyone know? i found a cobra intake for $200 and was wondering if it would do much good on stock heads. Also, i got my egr delete in last night, i took a piese of aluminum flashing and cut it out the same size as the gasket between the egr valveand the intake except for the holes to let exhaust through, then i put it behind the gasket and bolted the egr valve back on and then plugged in my delete i bought off of ebay, only thing is, the light still comes on.it took a minute, but i was driving down the road and when it got warm, boom there the light was. what the heck is that about? a bum egr delete? everyone that has bought one from this guy says it works. any suggestions??
Under normal driving the 3.73's don't feel much different then the 2.73's other than the fact that it takes alot less gas pedal to get it moving, under full throttle the car feels like it lost 500 pounds or gained 50 hp. We take our car on the highway for trips around 30 miles and I wouldn't want to go lower then 3.73's, but that's just me.

For the exhaust I am running stock headers, stock midpipe and MAC flowpath mufflers welded in to the stock catback, to me it sounds awesome. I am going to the install the Cobra intake and in a few months save up for heads and headers.