5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

one poor dead pony please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:53 PM
themanboone

Default one poor dead pony please HELP!!!

ok so i have a 92 gt i drive it every day with out any problems untill now. came home from work shut car off then went to leave 5 min later and car wont start. no spark and no fuel pump. car has MSD 6al box distributer and coil. called msd ,they ran me through how to test my box and coil that all checks out and works. tried everything fues good, no burnt wires there is power to the 6al box and power to 1 of the 6 or so wires to the distributer. not sure what ones or how many need power but one does have power. just wondering about a fried computer sence the spark and fuel just up and stoped togerher. it does have the cobra computer in it sence it has the cobra efi set up on it. if anyone has ran in to something like this and can point me in the right place to start to fix it i would thank you. anway totest the computer befor itake out? thank you! let me know if u need more infor about the set up or anything!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: one poor dead pony please HELP!!!

dizzy module ?

most common problem , your sure you don't have fuel ? just cycling the key once or twice will get it up to 36 psi
Old 07-28-2007, 07:27 PM
themanboone

dizzy module? what and where is that? and yes no fuel, you cant hear the pump come on with the key. i can jump the pump with a hot wire and it will work it just wont come on withthe key
Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

the distributor module, the harness plugs into it

do you know where the inertia switch is ????

it's in the trunk/hatch there is a reset button so if you get @ss-ended it will shut off the fuel

check the harness for that wiggle it around and make sure it's tight, and hit that reset button...if that part goes bad you can have intermittent fp probs....i did

as a rig-job, you might be able to bypass that switch and be fine

Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM
themanboone

yeah i checked that switch thats all fine i can jump the pump in the car and make it pump. im not so worried about the fuel pump i can make that work if i have to my real problem i guess is getting spark. this dizzy thing is what im leaning to. i have power to the distributor at the harness. i guess what i want to kow is if the dis. could also control when the pump comes on throgh that dizzy switch.