MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   5.0 GT Fox body vert vs IROC-Z (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/32839-5-0-gt-fox-body-vert-vs-iroc-z.html)

Scotch 01-29-2005 08:46 PM

5.0 GT Fox body vert vs IROC-Z

These are my two fav american cars, being a foreigner, I can see no better way of finding out how they compare against each other than by asking the owners?

I know you will be a little biased though lol

Obsol3te 01-29-2005 10:57 PM

RE: 5.0 GT Fox body vert vs IROC-Z

Well, my friend had an 86?
With a 350TPI placed into it, think he ran a high 15 quarter mile,stock...
Was very torque-ie but thing didnt really move down the 1320 too quickly

5.0mustang5speed 01-29-2005 11:45 PM

both are good starter cars to build on...the 5.0 i think is a little better ..and i would go that way...the z is nice and make great power but a haevier

Stinger 01-30-2005 01:17 AM

Yea i think the 5.0 is a better responder to mods! Umm is there any other cars out there beside 5 liters mustangs hehehe:D

bobby 01-30-2005 03:14 AM

5.0 has way more potential...

pipeliner 01-30-2005 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: bobby

5.0 has way more potential...

Depends if your carving corners or not. Straight line goes to a fox. Making u turns at 80 miles and hour goes to the Iroc. Foxes are more plentiful and are a lower cost item

Halfpint5.0 01-30-2005 04:11 PM

True, about the foxes having better straight-line potential, but if you put a better suspension on them they'll more than hold up to an IROC. I drove a Mustang that was bone stock except for some suspension bits, and it outhandled EVERYTHING else I've driven...

Still, stock suspension = [:'(] for real handling.

mustang8719 01-30-2005 04:21 PM

I dropped mine about 1 1/2 inches and installed urethane bushings in the front and handles like a dream.Handles so much better than before.

pipeliner 01-30-2005 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Halfpint5.0

True, about the foxes having better straight-line potential, but if you put a better suspension on them they'll more than hold up to an IROC. I drove a Mustang that was bone stock except for some suspension bits, and it outhandled EVERYTHING else I've driven...

Still, stock suspension = [:'(] for real handling.

Yes but if you did the same amount of work to a Iroc it would still eat the Fox alive.

If that fox out handled everything else you have driven you should go drive other cars. Mustangs are one of the worse set up cars for handling <----just a opinion dont bash.

You can go spend 2500 dollars on a griggs set up and still watch that iroc go buy you in a corner. Once you finish ripping the ass end apart to fix the problems, the front is more screwed up

Still im a ford man by far. The irocs just eat mustangs in corners theres no arguments to it.

Scotch 02-01-2005 08:26 AM

Are the IROC's really good handling cars?

Y'all gotta understand what roads are like over here in the UK, small and twisty so if you wanna have fun in a car its gotta be able to handle like a horny lesbian you know?

The press over here talk crap all day about American cars, "They dont go round corners, they go straight through 'em!", "America doesnt have corners so they dont need to bother with handling!", etc etc, you get the point.

I have read old reviews from the 80's on thirdgen.org (camaro website) of the IROC vs 5.0 and it says both are good at handling, especially the Chevy, but this is from an American's point of view, I dont know if they are comparing it to absolutely crap family car stuff that maybe doesnt go round corners??

What I am trying to ask, how do these cars compare to like, 3-series BMW's? Toyota MR2's? Other RWD sport coupes, I am not talking about performance in any way shape or form, just handling!

Thanks in advance!