5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Were to put nitrous arming switch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
MrMiracle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ZEX WET NITROUS INSTALLED PICTURES

I'm definately in favor of a wet kit, and I love the simplicity of a single injector. My only concern with the Zex system is that there's such a long distance from the injector to the cylinder through the intake. Seems like there'd be a strong chance of puddling.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:07 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

Nice install , but not to be negative. I see two problems with what you did. One: The blowdown tube is supposed to be vented to theoutside of the car. Two: The place you threaded the sprayer into the intake tube is not the best location... you are supposed to have it in the bend of the pipe to point it more toward the throttle body. You have it spraying against the wall of the pipe... 90* to the flow of air. There is a chance you could have a puddling problem with it like it is now. All the things I pointed out are in the instructions that came with the kit, you did read them , didn't you?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

I like the BBK fuel pressure guage
Old 08-11-2007, 12:34 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I personally would've put the nozzle on the bottom of the intake, therefore as stated in the above it wouldn't be spraying at the wall of the intake where it bends. Like said above, you didn't get the point of the blowdown tube covered correctly. [8D]

Overall looks good, i'll be putting in my ZEX kit hopefully tomorrow if it isn't too hot outside...

-Jeff
Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

I knew you were going to see that. That was only for the picture. I have a blow down hohe to the left of the tank....LOL
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-11-2007, 01:17 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

The spray goes directly into the throttle body...No interference what so ever....The blow down tube was just there for the pic.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-11-2007, 01:32 PM
grumpyphillips
2nd Gear Member

I don't believe anyone actually answered his original question of where to put the arming switch. I've seen the arming switches everywhere in the inside of the car, from using the ash try to using the hazard switch on the dash. Just install it where you are most comfortable.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

i put my switches(Arming and purge) under the armrest... yano how there are two places there... i put them one in front of the other in the skinny one..... im happy with that.

my window switch is in my glove box(MSD,digital, nice to be able to see it when racing)
Old 08-11-2007, 01:42 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grumpyphillips

I don't believe anyone actually answered his original question of where to put the arming switch. I've seen the arming switches everywhere in the inside of the car, from using the ash try to using the hazard switch on the dash. Just install it where you are most comfortable.
That's because he just changed the name of the thread!

Anyways, you can put in under the arm rest, get a precut peice for the ashtray. It's personal preference more than anything!

-Jeff
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Thanks all good ideas...I am going to be running 75 shot, do you think it is necessary to use a WOT and reduce the timing 2*?
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Were to put nitrous arming switch?