Notices
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

gt seats in a notch ?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:21 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: gt seats in a notch ?

NP! don't know about big help but I do where I can.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:00 AM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: gt seats in a notch ?

Notch to help answer your question about the seat brackets I took some picts best I could with out totally removing my seats. Hope this helps you and anyone else wanting to try this. Maybe later in the re-build of my car I'll tear out the seats and take better more clear picts.

Ok this is the center bracket that is the hinge for the split seats. You can see where it attaches to the top of the tunnel. My notch for what ever reason actually came from the factory with the mounting studs in place. I do not know if this is a common thing but I believe the 88 notch my brother has does not have these. I'm glad I took these, I didn't realize I was missing one of the nuts to it.

Ok this is the right hand bracket that will need to be found from an older fox that has the one piece seat back. You will need the left and right hand brackets. I'm not sure what year it was but ford quit using these and the place that the bolt attaches to was integrated into the body of the hatchback. The bolt passes thru the seat frame into the bracket the spacer is part of the seat frame.

This shows the location just above the seatbelts where the bracket attaches to the floor.

So those are what you need if you want the seat to fold down along with the hinged rear section that the seat backs lock onto when they are in the upright position. Hope these are helpful.