5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

1994 GT convertible upgrades..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 1994 GT convertible upgrades..?

Well 94blk i hope that 3hp was worth the 250 your dropped on it.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:50 AM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

Will if it was only worth 3HP, it is the strongest 3HP I have ever felt.
Why so negative?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:28 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 94Blk5.0

Why so negative?
maybe if you had a clue, you would know that the C&L MAF's are pieces of crap.... Argue all you want... My mustang experience.. and my EFI experience... VASTLY out-weighs yours
Old 08-26-2007, 12:33 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Mmkay. Just got back from O'Reilly's.. Picked up the following:

(1) K&N E-0940 Air Filter ($46.99+tax = oww)
(1) Mobil 1 M1-301 Oil filter
(6qts) Mobil 1 10W-30 Extended Performance synthetic oil

Didn't buy the fuel filter, and they were out of Autolite 25 plugs. Planned on getting Motorcraft wires, and I'm unsure about which PCV valve to go with. Suggestions? Anything I missed?

I'll plan on removing the silencer and bumping up my timing a few degrees while I do everything mentioned above.

Thanks,
-Jordan
Old 08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

If you want a good gain do gt40 heads gt40 intake and a steeda#19 adder has one for sale never used and its cheap!
Still get 4.10's you might be able to get away with stock injectora and tb too
Old 08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Picked up four pairs of Autolite AP25 Platinum plugs, as they were actually cheaper than the copper ones ($4.17 with $2 rebate for the platinum plugs, vs. 2.67 for the copper plugs).. Hopefully this is OK.. Adder--you said ONLY 25's, so just let me know if I'm dumb and I need to go swap these for the copper plugs. Walmart only had three pairs of those, but I can obviously shop around and pick up another pair elsewhere if need be..

Now, I'll go look around for a fuel filter, PCV valve, and a Motorcraft wire set..

-Jordan
Old 08-26-2007, 03:35 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

$53.37 + shipping on FastPartsNetwork for the fuel filter, PCV valve, and the wire set ($37.75 for the wire set?! that seems borderline insane, as my friend paid $100+ for his '01 Mountaineer 5.0..)

I'll probably plan on doing this next weekend or something. We'll see how it goes, I guess. :>

Thanks,
-Jordan
Old 08-26-2007, 06:09 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

Why so negative?
maybe if you had a clue, you would know that the C&L MAF's are pieces of crap.... Argue all you want... My mustang experience.. and my EFI experience... VASTLY out-weighs yours
Then please explain the "magic" results. I am sure you have a of experience, so I guess you would be able to things in a technical terms.

I replied to post about modding a 94, I shared my experiences with a few things, you said the C&L didn't work and it was the new MAF that made the differnce, I replied no, the senor itself is stock, then you say I dont have a clue. Logic behind that?

It appear youdidnt excatly know what I was referring to, or you would have given a new MAF the credit for the results. You are being irrational about the whole thing.Replies to my posts have been nonproductive/noninformative/skewed by personal opinion. Like I said, with your experince, maybeyou could start showing it and explain the whole thing in technal terms. Where did dthe result come from? Why are C&L MAF housing notany good? I am not going the bang my head on a brick wall. I am not really arguing. I got one and pleased with the results.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:14 PM
KSUWildcatFan
2nd Gear Member

Ok, I got my Motorcraft plug wires, a new PCV valve, and a fuel filter. I do believe I'm ready to do my tuneup whenever I have time. Now, where can I get this "time" thing? :P
Old 08-26-2007, 07:38 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

Why so negative?
Then please explain the "magic" results. I am sure you have a of experience, so I guess you would be able to things in a technical terms.

I replied to post about modding a 94, I shared my experiences with a few things, you said the C&L didn't work and it was the new MAF that made the differnce, I replied no, the senor itself is stock, then you say I dont have a clue. Logic behind that?

It appear youdidnt excatly know what I was referring to, or you would have given a new MAF the credit for the results. You are being irrational about the whole thing.Replies to my posts have been nonproductive/noninformative/skewed by personal opinion. Like I said, with your experince, maybeyou could start showing it and explain the whole thing in technal terms. Where did dthe result come from? Why are C&L MAF housing notany good? I am not going the bang my head on a brick wall. I am not really arguing. I got one and pleased with the results.
I know this was for adder, but i would like to respond. I can not give you the "tcchnical" proof you are looking for. What i do have is first hand exp. The housing did suck when i got mine. I bought it at a NMRA show, and did not feel like having to wait for another one. I had to machine my C&L because one end was not indented. I got it to fit nicely, but still ran like crap. I sold it, bought another brand, and the car ran 3x better.

Quick Reply: 1994 GT convertible upgrades..?