5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Looking for some input (Nitrous setups.)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default Looking for some input (Nitrous setups.)

Okay, getting into my trunk and having to open and close the nitrous bottle every time I want to use it is becoming a pain in the ***. So the obvious solution is a remote bottle opener. I was looking around and found a solenoid-style bottle opener that seems to be pretty decent. Here's a link to it. It's actually a bit cheaper than the other ones I have looked at (ones that physically turn the valve) and seems to be pretty decent. Does anyone have any experience with this style of remote bottle opener? I like the price and if this does indeed work fairly well, then I may have to pick it up soon.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:46 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for some input (Nitrous setups.)

Damn Sam, cant you ever just to **** the normal way instead of that hi-tech stuff? I did not even know they made such an animal. Doe's it actually turn bottle on and off like the same way you would turn the ****.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

This particular kit doesnt. It's basically a solenoid that opens and closes remotely. The bottle itself physically stays open but the solenoid, which attaches to the bottle, controls the nitrous flow. However, this kit here does actually physically open and close the bottle. You remove the stock handle and place this over it. And with the flick of a switch the **** turns.

I would get the second kit, but it's about $120. I like how the bottle physically opens and closes, but I don't like the price. That's why I was leaning towards the cheaper first setup. I just wanted to know how well the solenoid holds up and if it leaks or not. This system seems to be just as effective, as long as it can hold back the constant pressure and not leak.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

My friend has the same one as the cheaper opener... I will ask him if he has had any leaks or anything
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bighungrymatt

My friend has the same one as the cheaper opener... I will ask him if he has had any leaks or anything
Cool, thanx. I hate having to open it up and close it manually every time... In other words I'm too lazy

Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: bighungrymatt

Cool, thanx. I hate having to open it up and close it manually every time... In other words I'm too lazy

Not only that, but you can conceil your nitrous use with the bottle opener. Being sneaky is always fun
Old 09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

no problem, I will call him after work tonight...

I bought a NX bottle opener on ebay for $150.00, it was brand new never used, some guy bought it for his project car which he never got around to doing! I think it is a pretty good deal
Old 09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68
Not only that, but you can conceil your nitrous use with the bottle opener. Being sneaky is always fun
That too, and i won't even have to run any extra wiring or switches. I already have a spare switch on my hidden nitrous panel. Now I'll have a good use for it

Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

its nice having all your switches right next to you
Old 09-07-2007, 04:29 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

damn is that a Bond job!

Quick Reply: Looking for some input (Nitrous setups.)