5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Anyone Successfully swapped a 2.3 for a SBC

Old 09-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Crude_Drillin

Default Anyone Successfully swapped a 2.3 for a SBC

I know I will catch **** for this but before I decide to buy this fox body notch back I want to know if anyone had made the conversion, and what kind of problems did they run into, fabrication, fitment, trans crossmembers? These important issues along with afterwards. The only reason I am considering this is because I love the fox body mustangs. An 89' LX 5.0 was my first car and I loved it, but I have a vette motor & a 454 but nothing to put them in and really want a fox body again. Any help will be appreciated. If you don't like this idea please just move on to another post.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Anyone Successfully swapped a 2.3 for a SBC

what????????? oh your kiddin' right[sm=bangbang.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif] just get a ford motor it'll be so much better and you won't be picked on I've swapped a 2.3 for a 5.0 works great so does a 351.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 PM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

[sm=boosign.gif]
Old 09-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Crude_Drillin

I knew that there would be a few nay sayers, but seriously the vetteengine (my sbc) and the 454 need a good home, the notch back is such a good looking car but I don't want to buy another engine i.e. a "ford" one, when I have 2 engines in my garage.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Crude_Drillin

I knew that there would be a few nay sayers, but seriously the vetteengine (my sbc) and the 454 need a good home, the notch back is such a good looking car but I don't want to buy another engine i.e. a "ford" one, when I have 2 engines in my garage.
so sell them
Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Exactly what I was thinking... I've seen so many slow cars with "'vette engines".... Who cares?

I have 2 Chevys, a Ford, and Chrysler, and an AMC... And I won't crossbreed any of them.

LS1.com may be a better place for you ask questions...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Crude_Drillin

ORIGINAL: Maxwelhse

Exactly what I was thinking... I've seen so many slow cars with "'vette engines".... Who cares?

I have 2 Chevys, a Ford, and Chrysler, and an AMC... And I won't crossbreed any of them.

LS1.com may be a better place for you ask questions...
LS1.com may be a better place for my question because lots on this site can't get past that there are a few of us out there that don't care about bow-tie vs blue oval vs ram, sorry to have made you guys have to express your "opinons" when I was simply asking if someone had done it and what technical advice they could give me. I'll be sure to make sure I put in any further posts, "Your opinon need not apply"
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

News flash...

YOU ARE ON A SITE DEDICATED TO THE 5.0L FORD!

What did you expect?

Anyhow... Good luck with your car...

Old 09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Listen ....... if you don't want opinion then don't post on a public forum...how dumb is the question you asked to people here who are tried and true ford bleed blue fans........come on???? there are kits out there to do what you want google it if you don't want ridicule.........as for your engines buy a camaro or vette...I've seen a few 350 equiped mustangs but honestly when I see them with the turbo 350 or 700r4 in them it just makes me puke.......If you have some mechanical skills and knowledge then you can accomplish your task but I wouldn't expect too many people here to help out
Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Crude_Drillin

I expected some flak for it but I do know people have done this, and I figured there might be some slight chance that a few were on this site and could offer the Technical assistance needed but I was mistaken. If I take it on and wing it myself I'll come back with pics, tech info and time slips for you guys. Making something out of the norm doesn't scare me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Successfully swapped a 2.3 for a SBC