5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

very small airfilter

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
thunderjet429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: very small airfilter

sounds like you have encountered somthing i like to call stupidity..... did they tell you to replace your muffler bearings and blinker fluid????
Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

LMAO, found the thread.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
crocop
2nd Gear Member

one of my friends has a fully modified 318TI, its a 1.9 L supercharged, just everything done up car, suspension, exhaust, chiped.(having said this he bought it like this and brakes everything on the car, car was mint no it just getting crappy by the day) he has a breather on his i asked what it does and hes like"its a breather, it gives you more HP' i asked him how much and he said enough. next to that i have some friends with VW jetta's golf's obviously honda's that have them, and i have herd from one person that they are illegal because they give you that much more punch. honestly i didnt have a clue what to think because it just looks like a cash grab somebody created. everytime i see them i just think that someone just spend 20 bucks or so CDN to put a small dick all air cleaner on a rubber hose.

some kids at my school(high school are just dum. theres a kid with a honda here and he has some tranny problems so he thought that spending 200$ on a short throw shifter will fix his problems, the fuc*ing thing had to be completly rebuilt, same kid also bought a car with a Vtec motor, what he did was take the motor out of the Vtec car then he told us that he was going to bring it home and install it by unbolting and lifting the stock engine by hand with the help of a few friends, then lift the car and but the new engine in from underneath.

im so frustrated with the **** i had to deal with, even today i went to my friends house and he had his BMW in the air cause he broke a driveshaft joint or something, he had a buddy with a jetta over trying to find a rattle under the hood, the kid was jacking up the car and everything and he couldnt fin d the problem, i come over i said pop the hood, start the car and rev the engine, turns out the heat sheild was vibrating on the exhaust manifold, it had some welds and **** on it so it was the first and last thing i had to look at.

now having said this, this muffler bearing or blinker fluid you speak off, how often should this be changed
Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
crocop
2nd Gear Member

ahah now i understand

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=10
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...;products_id=6
Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 PM
crocop
2nd Gear Member

mm this website also makes claims about the piston return springs or the engine oil by pass kit,

this lowering kit caught my eye
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=11
Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 AM
golden_eye
3rd Gear Member

Lmao at that website... Screw gettingan h-pipeI'm getting ano-pipe instead
Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crocop

one of my friends has a fully modified 318TI, its a 1.9 L supercharged, just everything done up car, suspension, exhaust, chiped.(having said this he bought it like this and brakes everything on the car, car was mint no it just getting crappy by the day) he has a breather on his i asked what it does and hes like"its a breather, it gives you more HP' i asked him how much and he said enough. next to that i have some friends with VW jetta's golf's obviously honda's that have them, and i have herd from one person that they are illegal because they give you that much more punch. honestly i didnt have a clue what to think because it just looks like a cash grab somebody created. everytime i see them i just think that someone just spend 20 bucks or so CDN to put a small dick all air cleaner on a rubber hose.

some kids at my school(high school are just dum. theres a kid with a honda here and he has some tranny problems so he thought that spending 200$ on a short throw shifter will fix his problems, the fuc*ing thing had to be completly rebuilt, same kid also bought a car with a Vtec motor, what he did was take the motor out of the Vtec car then he told us that he was going to bring it home and install it by unbolting and lifting the stock engine by hand with the help of a few friends, then lift the car and but the new engine in from underneath.

im so frustrated with the **** i had to deal with, even today i went to my friends house and he had his BMW in the air cause he broke a driveshaft joint or something, he had a buddy with a jetta over trying to find a rattle under the hood, the kid was jacking up the car and everything and he couldnt fin d the problem, i come over i said pop the hood, start the car and rev the engine, turns out the heat sheild was vibrating on the exhaust manifold, it had some welds and **** on it so it was the first and last thing i had to look at.

now having said this, this muffler bearing or blinker fluid you speak off, how often should this be changed
Stop listening to these people. I have a buddy who repeatedly buy's mustangs.. he's on his 3rd or 4th.. claims to other people he knows everything about them, then proceeds to tell me how to fix stuff on my car that doesnt exist... He's owned a 4.6 sn he had a shop convert to a 5 speed for him, and a pair of fox body's.. and he really has no idea. I had him try to point out my throttlebody on my convertible in front of some friends before I got rid of it, and he pointed at the supercharger.

unless your friends have actualy built a car, or have quite a bit of knowledge from actualy working on multiple vehicles (or the same make make/model your asking about), then they are unreliable most the time... For those generic questions you might as well asking the flunkies behind the counter at autozone and see if you get a better response.. they usualy know atleast enough to tell you what a part actualy does.

And dont take advice from other highschool kids. Your dealing with a group that as a consensus thinks a K&N adds 20hp, fart pipe will add atleast 10, and that think stickers add to the car. It will be atleast another 5 years till most of them figure out how stupid they sound about vehicles right now.. if they ever figure it out.