5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Lets put DSS blocks to the test

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 03:01 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new 306 Dss

[align=center]With 24 years of growth we are always on the lookout for quality, career-oriented people.
If you are looking for a chance to live up to your potential and grow with our company, you
might be the person we are looking for.
[/align] [align=center] We are expanding again! We are taking applications for the following positions. [/align] [align=center] CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES / WEB DESIGN
No experience required will train[/align] [align=center][/align] [align=center] MACHINE SHOP HELPER
No experience required will train
[/align] [align=center]Send resume to
Tomn@DSSracing.com
[/align] [align=center] or call Tom @ 630 587 1169 ext 105[/align]
Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

hmm it says "no experiance required" i know you need to start somewhere, but i dont think i would trust a newb with a muti thousand dollar engine
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode06

[align=center]With 24 years of growth we are always on the lookout for quality, career-oriented people.
If you are looking for a chance to live up to your potential and grow with our company, you
might be the person we are looking for.
[/align][align=center]We are expanding again! We are taking applications for the following positions. [/align][align=center]CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES / WEB DESIGN
No experience required will train[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]MACHINE SHOP HELPER
No experience required will train
[/align][align=center]Send resume to
Tomn@DSSracing.com
[/align][align=center]or call Tom @ 630 587 1169 ext 105[/align]
That add would certainly explain why people have been having problem's with their products the last couple of years.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:45 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

to their credit, they could be needing someone for tear down/cleaning. thats how alot of people start in a shop. hell, even grinding valves and glassbeading heads is pretty much a monkey job anyone could do
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 AM
strangebrew
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

sounds to me like you need to learn a bit more about engines, and the way they work.... because you just got BONED buying a DSS motor
Ok so after everyone is done pissing on me for the block,headsTB and not understanding how a motor works bullshipt! all i can say is its too late its in the car and paid for with a 1 year parts and labor if it breaks he will replace it. It sounds bad *** and when in 2nd going from 1500rpm to 3500 rpm with half throttle its way faster than the stock motor i had in it so im thinking when its done being broke in and when they reset the timing ill be dick sanding that stocker i had in it by waaaaaaay far. If somthing is going to take a shipt in this DSS block it will happen whith in one year every one has there own choice of parts and blocks and heads or what not..I like fox bodys and i also think SN95's are sum ugly ****'s trying to be a fox all and all shi.t happens and pissing on me instead of trying to help with what i got is Bullshi.t! now im starting to remember why i got banned from this site last time? cause of Aholes like you!

Thanks too everyone else that has helped me out before.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

lol

Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

the only reason there saying anything is because of the DSS part. DSS is just over hyped plain and simple. they make it seem like your getting an aftermarket block when in reality your getting nothing more than a machined stock block.

if you dont plan on making more than 450-500 then it will be fine.

just take it easy adder does come off like an A$$hole most of the time but it is very informative. Also he has been warned many times about being nicer to the new members *COUGHS COUGHS ADDER* play nice

if you have questions feel free to ask them and do a little research to make sure you buy once and not twice
Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

I would recommend bigger injectors, but not too big. Just my opinion, but I would go with 24# injs.
Yup, I agree. 24's FTW, have beto making 450+ at the crank to warrant bigger ones no matter what anyone says...
Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 AM
strangebrew
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

the only reason there saying anything is because of the DSS part. DSS is just over hyped plain and simple. they make it seem like your getting an aftermarket block when in reality your getting nothing more than a machined stock block.

if you dont plan on making more than 450-500 then it will be fine.

just take it easy adder does come off like an A$$hole most of the time but it is very informative. Also he has been warned many times about being nicer to the new members *COUGHS COUGHS ADDER* play nice

if you have questions feel free to ask them and do a little research to make sure you buy once and not twice
Thanks.

Far as HP goes i dont think ill be anymore than 300 if that.If a stock 87 302 HO is 225 hp? Then with this build im thinking like 260? would you say this is fair?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:34 AM
strangebrew
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Baddog

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

I would recommend bigger injectors, but not too big. Just my opinion, but I would go with 24# injs.
Yup, I agree. 24's FTW, have beto making 450+ at the crank to warrant bigger ones no matter what anyone says...
Will some one be nice enough and click the link and pick for me cause i have no idea what injector impedance my car uses.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294782211

Quick Reply: Lets put DSS blocks to the test