5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

this is odd.. need some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
crazypony
1st Gear Member

Default this is odd.. need some help

its been awhile since ivw been on here my mustang was running real good no problems once so ever until last night.. I was alone by myself 2 am having a lil fun i was ripping around on it. when started out in first then stood on it got sencond but something felt wierd while pushing the clutch in it got real stiff then when i try to go to 3rd it was very hard to get it in 3rd.. i had the clutch to the floor and could not get it out of gear i had to drive home in third gear which was very interesting.. today i look it all over the bellhousing is tight to the block and the cable looked good.. what could have caused this too happen i have no idea ive ripped around on it before harder than this time and nothing happened until yesterday
Old 09-30-2007, 06:09 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: this is odd.. need some help

Check your quadrant, now might be a good time to replace it. You might check your cable again and make sure the sheath has not split.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 PM
crazypony
1st Gear Member

the quadrant i have is about only 3 months old.. i took the cable off of it to look at the cable and everything was ok there, but i did notice something that i think isnt a problem.. the cable has 4 single metals strands about the size of a hair that have split but i dont see how 4 single strands that size could have done anything
Old 09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

oh yah they can. that kind of cable is capable of some serious stretching if it isn't wound up wicked tightly.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
crazypony
1st Gear Member

alright guys thank you for your help im glad its just the cable i didnt want to have to tear out the tranny and clucth etc ect like i did before its gettin a lil bit nipply up here in maryland and workin on the driveway isnt so good now. I will check in to this tommrow