5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Thinking about buying another Mustang as a side project...

Old 02-22-2005, 10:19 AM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking about buying another Mustang as a side project...

That sounds like a sweet deal hope you can find a place to store it.A deal doesn't come along very often like that.GOOD LUCK.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

ezrider, there's a car inside my garage, which is a one car garage, small junk, and my driveway is a two car driveway, and my Mustang is there and another car is in the other space. We're completely jam packed [:@]
Old 02-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Ezrider
2nd Gear Member

i dont know how long your driveway is but maby you could pull wichever car out that isnt blocking the garage door put the new mustang there and park one of the other cars behind it....im glad my house has a decent size back yard, even though i got a letter from the city saying that the cars had to move every day for 7 days or some **** cause they looked suspetious. but whatever the nosy bastards need to mind there own bissness
Old 02-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Um, PLEASE just trust me when I say that there is NO WAY IT CAN BE KEPT AT MY HOUSE! Seriously man, I'm afraid I will explain to you that I also cannot do this or we'll be blocking the sidewalk which is also against the community's rules, but then you'll come back suggesting some other way to keep it on our lawn or something, no, we can't, there is NO ROOM at my own house, the only viable option is to store it at a self-storage place, but the ones I have checked have been too expensive so far. If any of you know of a way to store something like that for not a lot of money, that would be nice...
Old 02-22-2005, 08:46 PM
pena8759
1st Gear Member

That sounds like a sweet deal. I hope you find a solution.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:09 PM
fast83gt
3rd Gear Member

You have the same problem I have. Too many cars, too little space. Although if it weren't for that I would have about 10 car projects going.

The good part about not havingthe space for that car is that you can just invest the money for it in you stang you have now.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 AM
95stangr

think ahead. Your next place,have room for some stray ponies that come your way.sorry to see that one get away.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Damn, it kind of sucks, I don't think there's any way I can get it. I was going to cannibalize a bunch of parts to put into my car, and then sell the rest of the car on ebay and advertise it as a near stock 5.0 with a broken crankshaft, would have gotten at least $2,000 from the car alone plus all the new expensive parts I would have in my car, it would have been a deal of a lifetime...

Oh well...

Thanks anyway for your suggestions.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

i would have just bought it and let them tow it they can keep it at the impound till i find a place for it lol...
Old 02-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Ezrider
2nd Gear Member

get it and do a mad dash strip of every usible part on the side of the road then let them tow it....lol, leave it sitting on blocks by the curb...lol.. they prob would not tow it then. i had an engin fire in an ford bronco II i used to have and it took me 4 days till i could get back to tow it home and i was amazized it was still there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about buying another Mustang as a side project...