5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

anyone running this fan controller?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default anyone running this fan controller?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

its basically the same as the dc controller. it progressively speeds up the fan as needed so the alt doesnt have to work so hard. great for when you run UD pulleys. id buy the dc controller but the guy will only sell to high posting members of corral, stangnet and one other forum (cant remember which one). since i dont fall into that catagory i cant buy a dc controller. price is about the same as the dc so no big deal there.

its made by the Be Cool company so i know its not junk.
what do you guys think?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
PearlWhiteGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone running this fan controller?

Is that kit new cuz last time I was looking for one I didn't see it. I have a dcc controller & it works fine. I'm sure that it will work just as good.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:48 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

i dont know how long theyve been making it. i know the last time i looked (about a year ago) i didnt see it. ive looked around and have found the same part for a lot less so i think im going to go for it when my wheels sell
Old 10-18-2007, 04:17 PM
PearlWhiteGT
2nd Gear Member

Let me know how it works out for you. BTW that turbo set-up looks sick!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
andywear87
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

i dont know how long theyve been making it. i know the last time i looked (about a year ago) i didnt see it. ive looked around and have found the same part for a lot less so i think im going to go for it when my wheels sell

you selling the draglites off of your car? if so i might be interested. btw i hgot my twin turbo fabbed up but dont have it on my car cause i am buying a dart of boss block in like 1-2 moths i wanted to talk to you and see how the blocks finish was when you got your boss cause i remember the r302 and other ford aftermarket block are usually need a lot of cleaning up to do all over the place like lifter bores and stuff. also your car is sick and are you using a pms? let me know what you put down for hp and tq numbers also wanna see the 1/4 time out of that beast.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andywear87

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

you selling the draglites off of your car? if so i might be interested. btw i hgot my twin turbo fabbed up but dont have it on my car cause i am buying a dart of boss block in like 1-2 moths i wanted to talk to you and see how the blocks finish was when you got your boss cause i remember the r302 and other ford aftermarket block are usually need a lot of cleaning up to do all over the place like lifter bores and stuff. also your car is sick and are you using a pms? let me know what you put down for hp and tq numbers also wanna see the 1/4 time out of that beast.
not selling the drag lites off my car. i have had a pair of drag lites in my garage for a couple years now. they have slicks mounted to them. im selling those. i think they may be sold tho. luckily tho i just picked up a 92fox tonight for 100bux. it has 4 drag lites on it already. slicks mounted on the rear and skinnies up front. those wheels/tires cost about $1000 new and they are in perfect shape. im going to sell the wheels (ANY TAKERS?) cheap. also going to pull the msd coil out and probably scrap the car. it has flowmaster mufflers on but i dont want those and a stock fox is worthless to me.

as far as the boss block goes, it was flawless right out of the box. all i did was bore and hone. the machine shop went over it with a fine tooth comb and said it needed no other work. it did however require special cam bearings.

im not working on my stang right now. its not a priority. thecontroller i originally posted about is going into my truck, but the f150 forums are slow so i posted here.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:50 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

if you do buy it let me know how good it is since I bought a 3.8 Taurus fan and then the guy made that announcement[:@]
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
andywear87
2nd Gear Member

ok lucky my email is andywear87@hotmail.com you can email me some pics and maybe we can work somehting out. thats what i wanted to hear cause i wanted the boss block in first place and just rember how the r302s were so it scared me cause hthey required a tone of machine work
Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

if you do buy it let me know how good it is since I bought a 3.8 Taurus fan and then the guy made that announcement[:@]
ill be sure to post about it. i know there are a lot of people running efans that would be interested. i cant decide if i want to do the efans first or a tuner. the tuner is double the price and has a 10+ week wait so im not sure what ill do. if my wheels and nitrous kit would sell i could do both speaking of my nitrous kit, here it is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...58596&rd=1