5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

95 GT ?s

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:34 AM
ncpantherfan

Default 95 GT ?s

I have rejoined the mustang family after a 17 year absence. I recieved a 95 GT Vert from my wife as a gift to shut me up about buying another 73 Mach 1.
I do not have much knowledge on the 302, and I have a few questions.
Most of the info I have read here is on the fox mustang, how is my 302 differant than the older ones?
Is there an easy way to tell what heads I have without removing them? I am pretty sure the engine has been changed.
The car was driven from NC to UT when I PCSed, so I guess that is a good sign, just trying to figure out what I have and where to start.
Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: 95 GT ?s

The ecm's are touchy in the sn-95's and don't respond well to overly aggressive cam changes...a safe bet for your's if and when you change cams to avoid idle issues without a tune is the steeda #19.....the intakes on the sn-95's look different than fox mustangs and if you order an aftermarket one your's will require the aftermarket elbow adapter......but the long blocks for the most part are the same as the foxes except for the certain year foxes that contain forged pistons....your heads should be standard e7te's.= nothing special...as for that just styling looks and or the way all the accessories are mounted on the front of the engine are your only other small differences