5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

heating controls

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
brandon_g
1st Gear Member

Default RE: heating controls

ya so I looked behind my dash,and all I saw was a bunch of wires.I didnt really know what I was looking for.And then I looked under my hood and didnt see anything.So I really dont know.Im kinda confussed.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 PM
txjason1
2nd Gear Member

The small line from cannister (behind glove box) that goes through the firewall, is very tiny and very brittle.....that was where my problem was. Let me know, I have a control panel I will give you if you pay for shipping it, But I bet its in that line or the little tree over by the brake booster.
Good luck.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:40 PM
txjason1
2nd Gear Member

Pull out the glove box.
there will be a small black line that connects to the cannister, and one line will go towards the firewall. look under hood by the ac drier.....that line is there.
its very easily broken during engine swapp or tranny swap. also if you just did work you could have a vacuum leak elsewhere.
Let me know if you need more pointers.
Jason
Old 10-26-2007, 11:12 PM
brandon_g
1st Gear Member

ya so Im like really confussed now.I tried for like an hour today to find anything.I could not find a vacuum line or anything.I took out the heating control console part.I looked under the hood like at the ac compresser and didnt find anything either.What do i do?I dont really know how to work on cars but I always give it a valiant effort.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:44 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

the a/c line coming from the vaccum tree (like said above) is probably broken.

locate the master cylinder on the driver side. above that, located on the firewall directly, you should see a black rectangle with 4 black vaccum lines coming out of it. one of them is labled "A/C".

simply follow it

Old 10-26-2007, 11:52 PM
93_five_oh
2nd Gear Member

ok. you're not looking for wires, but lines. if you pull the controls out you will see a wire (not electrical), some wires (elec.), and some vacuum lines. follow those and make sure those are all connected.
do you know where the brake booster is? if not, find the engine map in the tech section and find it. the vacuum tree is above that in the engine bay on the drivers side firewall. now... coming out of the tree. find the little hard line that is labeled A/C on the tree. and follow it and look for cracks or to see if it's broken.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 AM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brandon_g

ya so Im like really confussed now.I tried for like an hour today to find anything.I could not find a vacuum line or anything.I took out the heating control console part.I looked under the hood like at the ac compresser and didnt find anything either.What do i do?I dont really know how to work on cars but I always give it a valiant effort.
Here's a diagram of the components in the engine bay a where the Vacuum Distribution Tee is located on the fire wall (#43)

This is what your looking for.

These will help also if you're trying to figure out your vacuum lines and what they go to.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 PM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

Hey my car is doin that too, now I now what to check out, didnt even have to make my own topic!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:52 PM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

Wow that was easy. That was exactly what my problem was. I love forums

My car is a 95, but same thing was wrong. Anyway follow that A/C line and where it connected to a fitting on the passenger side of the engine bay, it was broken off. Removed the broken part of vaccum line and inserted what was left. Just for good measure, I electrical taped where I put the line into to make sure it was sealed. Works great![8D]
Old 10-28-2007, 11:43 AM
brandon_g
1st Gear Member

hey thank you guys so much.Im gonna go take a look right now.That diagram made it alot easier I know what your talking about now.Ill be back and tell you how it went.Thanks..

Quick Reply: heating controls