5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Mounting speakers in the doors. Damage to speakers?

Old 02-26-2005, 08:18 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mounting speakers in the doors. Damage to speakers?

i have 6 1/2 door speakers in mine
Old 02-26-2005, 11:59 PM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tims 88GT

same i think not shure thoe love them, dbeck do you have an amp? if so what watt and was it hard to hook up im not a stero person.
An amp is very easy to hook up.If you need help with the amp install PM me and I will help you.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

Ok after i get my car and a head unit and an amp ill PM you.

ORIGINAL: mustang8719
An amp is very easy to hook up.If you need help with the amp install PM me and I will help you.
[/quote]
Old 02-27-2005, 12:49 AM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

Sounds good.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:50 AM
link1235jeff
2nd Gear Member

i have two of these and was wondering if it would be a good combo
i wont them to hit hard
(i listen to rap, hip hop, country, alternitive rock and rock )

MTX Audio Road Thunder RT12-44
Subwoofer

CarDomain Overview

MTX takes ragin' looks, ground-pounding performance, and unbeatable value to a whole new level. The totally revamped Road Thunder series subwoofers feature Spider Plateau Venting for cooler voice coil operation and greater reliability during heavy bass passages. Instead of “pushing and pulling†super-heated air over the voice coil like conventional, rear vented subwoofers, Road Thunders shed the heat out the sides of the spider. The result is cooler operation during all-night “crank-it-up†bass sessions. Asymmetrical Linear Drive (ALD) technology, used on all MTX Audio subs, provides high output with low distortion, thanks to flat progressive spiders and extended pole pieces. These subs are packed with features to help dissipate heat and deliver thunderous bass output. Road Thunder subs have screaming red steel baskets, 1" voice coils with Apical voice coil formers, and machined front and back plates. The unique radius venting on the pole piece minimizes turbulence that occurs during large excursions, so when you turn the music WAY up, you won't hear that "heavy breathing" sound (unless it's your own). All of these features add to the Road Thunder's phenomenal value.
Please note that MTX Audio amplifiers and speakers are only shipped to destinations within the USA.

Features

Asymmetrical Linear Drive Technology
Polypropylene Cone
New Concave Dust Cap
Screaming Red Steel Frame
20 oz. Strontium-Ferrite Magnet
Dual 1" Voice Coils with Apical Former
Red Stitched Surround
Radius Vented Pole Piece
Mounting Depth: 3.5"

Subwoofer Specifications

Size: 12 inch
Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 1.25 cu.ft.
Rec. Ported Box Dims: 2.00 cu.ft.
Free Air Usage: yes
Sensitivity: 96 dB
Frequency Response: 33-150 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 200W
Peak Power Handling: 400W
Impedance: dual 4 ohms subwoofer wiring options

and

Power Acoustik LT1920/2
2-Channel Amp

The new LT series from Power Acoustik sets new standard for cosmetics and performance. The unique die cast aluminum heatsink sports a novel diamond cut finish with powder-coated insets for aggressive looks and excellent cooling properties. Plus, the end panels and top mounted controls are backlit with a cool blue glow for the ultimate finishing touch. Built-in low-pass and high-pass crossovers with variable frequency control eliminates the need for an external crossover and makes the LT1920/2 ideal for driving subwoofers or full-range speakers with clean Power Acoustik power. Other features include full Mosfet PWM power supply, variable bass boost, variable subsonic filter to help protect your subs, and gold-plated input terminals.
Features:

Diamond Cut Heatsink with Powder-Coated Insets
Blue Backlit End Panels and Top Controls
PWM Mosfet Power Supply
Variable 30-500 Hz Low-Pass Crossover
Variable 50-500 Hz High-Pass Crossover
Top Mounted Controls with Removable Clear Cover
Variable 60-200 Hz Subsonic Filter
Variable 24 dB Bass Boost
Tri-Mode Capable
2-Ohm Stereo / 4-Ohm Mono Stable
3-Way Protection Circuit
Gold-Plated Input Terminals
4 Gauge Power and Ground Connections
RCA Outputs

2-Channel Amp Specifications

Amplifier Type: 2-channel
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 370W x 2
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.02 %
Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 880W x 1
Speaker Level Inputs: No
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 24 dB
Frequency Response: 10-30,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: 98 dB
Fuse Rating: n/a

do yall think thats a good combo
Old 02-27-2005, 02:16 AM
16FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

lol suuuree, i have pioneers in the back, with the bass on i must say the bump alriright, not that i care cuz i wont hear them anyway when i get packs
Old 02-27-2005, 02:31 AM
birdman076
2nd Gear Member

Personally I don't like MTX too much but its all personal preference. I have a Kicker 10" L7 sub, Kicker 6x9 rears, Kicker 5 1/4 component mids for front doors, and kicker tweeters. 2 alpine amps and 1 jenson, an older alpine deck. This will all be transfered over to the stang from my avenger with a new custom box. Its descent and doesn't give me any trouble with clear sound as loud as I want. This all came with the avenger when I bought it, there are MTX speakers in the stang right now that will be coming out, and I may throw my MB Quarts in there instead of the kickers. I like and would recommend the sound of component speakers as opposed to 2 or 3 way setups. But thats just my .02

Chuck

BTW I would recommend speaker surrounds or enclosures that mount behind the speaker for the doors, it protects them if you have any leaks, and you get better sound out of your speakers.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:17 AM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: birdman076

Personally I don't like MTX too much but its all personal preference. I have a Kicker 10" L7 sub, Kicker 6x9 rears, Kicker 5 1/4 component mids for front doors, and kicker tweeters. 2 alpine amps and 1 jenson, an older alpine deck. This will all be transfered over to the stang from my avenger with a new custom box. Its descent and doesn't give me any trouble with clear sound as loud as I want. This all came with the avenger when I bought it, there are MTX speakers in the stang right now that will be coming out, and I may throw my MB Quarts in there instead of the kickers. I like and would recommend the sound of component speakers as opposed to 2 or 3 way setups. But thats just my .02

Chuck

BTW I would recommend speaker surrounds or enclosures that mount behind the speaker for the doors, it protects them if you have any leaks, and you get better sound out of your speakers.

do you have any advice when making speaker boxes? i need to make one for me 6x9's...
Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 AM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

you dont need a box for the 6x9's bc they have a place in the back already for them

what made a huge improvement to my sound system was my 2 12's in the back
Old 02-27-2005, 11:41 AM
birdman076
2nd Gear Member

They do sell rubber or polypropelene enclosures that go on the back of the speaker to seal them when installing for best sound and protection from the elements.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mounting speakers in the doors. Damage to speakers?