5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Transmission Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default Transmission Problems.

I have talked about this plenty of times on here before, but really have never have gotten into the topic.

I have a 95 5.0, the tranny has 122k on her and the tranny fluid was replaced last year when i had to replace the tailshaft seal. Well, awhile back my clutch was slipping real bad and it started to grind from 2nd to 3rd. I just thought it was the clutch so i finally replaced it and then it still grinding from 2-3rd. It does it here and there but not alot, if i powershift it then it usually grinds. Never grinds in any other gear but 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I have tried the self adjustment but pulling up on the clutch and it still grinds. I don't think its the clutch because when i was in 2nd gear one time, i had the clutch pushed all the way down to the floor for a good 2 seconds then shifted into 3rd and it grinded.

I'm told it is my synchros, but alot of people i talk to at my job said it sounds like my clutch has to be adjusted..any way i can tell if its my synchros for sure?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Curlytop
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Transmission Problems.

its probably your sync. in your trans. powershift will put a big strain on the tranny. we all do alot of stupid shyt from 1st to 2nd gear and even to 3rd. "for those who miss that shift alot".those sync. in your trans. commonly takes the most abuse. sound like they need to be replaced. if all other shift are fine with no grindin. i would think that's your problem.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 PM
BEAVERSCUSTOMS

Default RE: Transmission Problems.

most likely its is syncos my trans has the same problem and that what my was
Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 PM
gtpony94

Default power

Where's my 5.0 pwr? I have a 94 GT with offroad H pipes and when I hammer down on the accelerator it feels as though the car isn't responding as I'd like to the amount of gas that I'm giving it. It is all stock and has recently had a new fuel filter installed along with the pipes. I was told my cats were clogged and that was the reason for the sluggish accel. My cats were fine although I like the H pipes better. Can anyone tell me why its still sluggish and I'm telling ya, accelerator to the floor from a stop from 2nd to 3rd is a rediculous amount of time not to mention my car sounds like it is going to explode from the rpm being so high before it shifts or I let up on the accelerator.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:18 AM
Suo

Default RE: power

Hi guys,

Sorry for making this thread active again, but I just need to know what's the problem with my stang.
OK, my 89 5.0 t-5 was working fine untill yesterday.. I felt that when I'm going about 2k rpm and push the pedal all the way down it first gives all the power like it should but afeter that it revs up a little and stops giving me the power like it should, it feels like I had relesed the pedal...... I don't know where's the problem, but I've heard that t-5 tranys suck so I think that the problem might be here.
I you know the problem and how to solve it please share your thoughts with me.
Sorry for my bad English.