5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

Default car wont start

i am having a problem my car doesnt like to start, when it did it used to run good, jus gettig it started was the problem
but las time i couldnt get it to start, i did once and when i push the gas it died out, started it up again it could barly idle, revvved it a little and it died. i am thinken the fuel pump went bad, cuz i only hear it turn on sometimes. also i put some dry gas in there and there was like a quater tank, could that cause any problems?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: car wont start

omg.. lol this $hit happened to me.. first off what kind of ignition are you running and do you have any CEL's? w/ my problem it ended up being my msd blaster coil.. it $hit the bed.. well it was still sending spark just not a good spark. and i had a low EVP voltage CEL.. i dealt w/ this for like 2 weeks.. replace the fuel pump and nothing.. then my buddy was like its prob ur crappy MSD coil. so i put the stock one back on and she fired right up. good luck

does ur car sound like either of these? and after a while it just wouldnt start n e more. like id give it a small amout of gas and it would rev up but once i actually pushed the pedal it like froze/died out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0nj78szA5I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bAVJCXil3wQ
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nacanitihs

omg.. lol this $hit happened to me.. first off what kind of ignition are you running and do you have any CEL's? w/ my problem it ended up being my msd blaster coil.. it $hit the bed.. well it was still sending spark just not a good spark. and i had a low EVP voltage CEL.. i dealt w/ this for like 2 weeks.. replace the fuel pump and nothing.. then my buddy was like its prob ur crappy MSD coil. so i put the stock one back on and she fired right up. good luck

does ur car sound like either of these? and after a while it just wouldnt start n e more. like id give it a small amout of gas and it would rev up but once i actually pushed the pedal it like froze/died out..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-0nj78szA5I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bAVJCXil3wQ
hahah yea bro, that like the same thing that happen to me , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhA1vCUO-Q thats the last video had of it runnen, i was thinken it was the fuel pump cuz i only hear it turn on sometimes. it was hard to start it would take alot of trys but when it started it ran good, then it started doin that when i finaly got it started. any one know any decent price ingtion kits, is it worth it ford msd ect?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Stock fuel pump in the unit? What are your mods? Stock fuel pumps can lick my B@LLS
Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

yea stock fuel pump, only mod is exhaust
Old 11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

You have access to a fuel pressure guage? My money is on the fuel pump, get someone turning the key on and off while your under the tank.....it will make a groaning noise priming iteself. If you cant hear any noise then the pump is pootched. If it is do the usual, change your fuel filter (easy), cap and rotor, wires and plugs..........whens the last time all those things were changed?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

well i will never buy MSD anything again.. but ya thoes are of my car when it was phucked.. this is it now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfdmdb0cud8

fuel pump is easy to install tho. try and find a fuel pressure TESTER tho
Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

i checked out his car bout a month ago and we didnt hear the pump when turning the key

the fuel filter is new and so are the plugs

car sat for a while so some old/dirty gas was ran through the fuel pump

the car also makes a high pitch whistling/shearing noise when u rev it
Old 11-01-2007, 09:39 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

yea bro, i was thinken that, cuz when it turns on i can hear it inside the car and , i only hear it sometimes. i ben trina get a hold of a fuel presure they dont sell them anywhere around here. i checked . i proly need a new coil and cap and rotor too. how hard is the fuel pump, i know u gota drop the tank, my fuel filter i just change, i have new plugs, wires look new but idk, ima do cap rotor coil, i am thinken bout a 195 fuel pump. hopefully that fixes my starting problem and ****
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93 LX FiveO

i checked out his car bout a month ago and we didnt hear the pump when turning the key

the fuel filter is new and so are the plugs

car sat for a while so some old/dirty gas was ran through the fuel pump

the car also makes a high pitch whistling/shearing noise when u rev it
yea that cuz a belt is loose, u where here like 2 weeks ago, u left them big *** tire mArks

Quick Reply: car wont start