MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Interior Help (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/364967-interior-help.html)

sofob0909 11-01-2007 08:12 PM

Interior Help

Can someone help me. I am doing a two tone interior. Red and Black.
I have some sites for interior parts.
I use Latemodel restoration, and NOS mustang restoration.
Are there any other good sites i should look at for some better prices?

Also Does anyone know how to fix the latch that is on the back of the front sport seats. I think they are for climbing into the back seats?

Thanks.

djcondo 11-01-2007 10:45 PM

RE: Interior Help

you could do the headliner yourself. it cost like $$14 just go to a fabric store and they have headliner material. you can actually paint the panells with a certian kind of paint. its an interior paint and its actually a dye. It works really well and holds up great. my friends dad did it to dye his panels on his vette resto. if you pannels are broken look at a junk yard or ebAy

Hawk 11-02-2007 05:36 AM

+1 to djcondo. I used Duplicolor Vinly and Fabric paint and got my door panels looking brand new again. The key is to make sure the door panels are free from all contaminents (especially Armorall). Then just follow the directions on the Duplicolor can and you should be good to go. You can find this at Autozone/Advance Auto Parts and it sells for half the price of the dye's that Latemodel Resto and others sell. They also have prep wipes that you can use to help prep the door panels for paint. Good luck.

stang8689 11-02-2007 06:15 AM

Mine is painted and you can't tell

FivePointOhh 11-02-2007 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: stang8689

Mine is painted and you can't tell
+1. duplicolor baby! it came out extremely nice.

1995GT5.0T5 11-02-2007 08:21 AM

www.cjponyparts.com has ALOT of good interior stuff much less everything else for ANY year mustang. The website i found was really hard to navigate around.. but if you get the "free catalog" there is more stuff than on the website and it is alot more organized. their prices arent that bad either.

Dave5point0 11-02-2007 10:03 AM

+1 on doing the headliner yourself, thats what i'm doing right now. And i'm painting the a-pilar, b-pilar, and c-pilar plastics with spraypaint because they are just plastic. My door panels and dash are in good shape so i don't have to worry about that (sucks that my dash has to come out to replace that dammm heater core)

djcondo 11-02-2007 02:39 PM

the headliners come out great and its soo easy

sofob0909 11-02-2007 05:43 PM

what is involved with doing the headliner myself and how much will i save. I need a new ADS board because there is water damage.
[align=left] [/align]

djcondo 11-02-2007 05:57 PM

ooh i used the same bord. but to do mine it cost me $15 i bought the maerial for like 10 and then the adhesive was 5. ifyou were using the same board all you would need to do is take it out of the car, then take off the old headliner material, then cut the new peice of headliner to fit. then all you do is spray the adhesive on and ur done