5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

which suspension upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

Default which suspension upgrades???

So i've done everything that i plan on doing to my car(minus a s/c) except for suspension. I can honestly say that I don't know too much about suspension stuff, and I should probably do something with it. I was thinking to save some cash and get some 4cyl springs for the front, but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me the order in which i should get things done, noting that this is going to be a slow process. You'll pretty much have to lay down the basics to me on this one. I just want to start small, and build up.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Alero99
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: which suspension upgrades???

Full length subframe connecters, welded in, suggestion, MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS
Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

i assume ur going for drag racing

heres my set up : 4cyl springs up front, strange 10 way struts, no sway bar, stock rear suspension

heres my launch on stock motor, and stock gears, on m/t drs ofcourse

i suggest 50/50 shocks out back, and bags in the rear springs to stiffen them up.
subframes are a good idea too, i dont hav ethem.. my car is twisted a little[:@]

im putting 3.73s, cam, intake, and some other dumb **** in right now... im expecting a wheel or two to come up, lol atleast it'd be cool if they did
Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
white93pony
3rd Gear Member

^^^^^^ yes that should be first then i would look into some rear control arms. on thing most everybody overlooks is the brakes. sure u can go fast but can you stop. acceleration is only good if you can stop. if you want to keep the cost low i would look into some lincoln front calipers they are a good upgrade and are cheap.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

pft... the slow down part of the track is long enough, lol
Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Sub frames and rear control arms
Old 11-07-2007, 10:25 PM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

ok, well i already got subframes, and looking into a strut tower brace. so scratch those. now lets start over.

so should i go with some 4cyl springs up front, or should i just buy some 1" lowering springs all around??? and then get some rear control arms???
this is my daily driver, and will be for the next couple months until i find a cheap *** daily driver that gets me 30+ mpg...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

well, do u wanna launch better then my pic(you actually have engine mods)? or do you want to have a car that handles great? pick one of the two and theres your answer...

everything you do w. a car is give and take... 4cyl springs will give you a good launch, and take cornerability... lowering springs will give you handling, and take launching
Old 11-08-2007, 12:04 PM
wildsurfer92
3rd Gear Member

hey if im looking to handle fantastic...doing some roadracing, more so than drag, what direction should i head with my car - 92 lx vert...i apparently blew out my right rear shock, so i figure replace both shocks and struts and i guess the other shocks in the back, which at the moment are skipping my mind on the name, go with a rear shock tower brace, i already have custom welded in subframe connectors, and a front strut tower brace, and a steeda g-trac bar up front. I was thinking going with a new front and rear sway bars from addco, unless anyone knows of a better company?, an eibach spring kit? dont know which one i need, the prokit or the sportline kit? and then i want to do the rear upper and lower control arms, but i dont know whether to go solid or adjustable, and i dont know a good brand! and i would like to change the a-arms up front and again dont know who is good...so this is one of my daily drivers which i do drive hard on occasion, and in the near future it is getting a kenne bell, so a little bit of the strip will be seen, but not too much...so what should i do
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

so should some 4cyl springs, or springs in general be my first upgrade??? then struts???

Quick Reply: which suspension upgrades???