5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

csr water pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
rio95cobra
2nd Gear Member

Default csr water pump

anyone here installed a csr electric water pump on their 5.0? was this difficult? and was the increase in performance noticeable?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

Default RE: csr water pump

i personally would stay away from electric water pumps. Its not worth the hassle, your money is better spent elsewhere in my opinion. Your really not going to free up much and your just going to be putting more strain on your batter and or alternator. Not worth it.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:42 AM
rio95cobra
2nd Gear Member

well thanks, i think im still im gonna give it a shot. ive heard good things, but i need more opinions. im tryin to break the 300 mark w/ stock heads
Old 11-23-2007, 10:22 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: rio95cobra

well thanks, i think im still im gonna give it a shot. ive heard good things, but i need more opinions. im tryin to break the 300 mark w/ stock heads
change your cam to something other than the B303 ****stick... and you will..

I hit 276 on all the stock h/c/i stuff
Old 11-23-2007, 11:04 AM
rio95cobra
2nd Gear Member

which cam would you suggest *******? i was thinking of getting an n-21
Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I thought the 5.0s had close to 300 ft lbs tqin stock form. You have 290 hp and still have right around 300 tq.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 AM
rio95cobra
2nd Gear Member

not sure man. probably got alot to do with the intake im using. it definatly softened my bottom end up alot. ive also heard long tube headers hurt torque, but ive also heard they help torque. so i dont know
Old 11-23-2007, 11:26 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

settle down RIO95.......Addermk2 is not one you want to pick a bone with.....his vast array of knowledge is from experience and he does know what he's speaking of so if you expect help from forum members who have a lot of time on here and experience with different combos I wouldn't start pissing people off here like you did in your"SS" thread in the street strip section.....because the moderators are a few steps away from banning you........anyway as to the comment above about elec water pumps being a waste and a hassle and a huge drain on the battery...not true!!! I use a meziere elec pump on my 85 and it is well worth the benifit as I can run the pump while the car is off and reduce cool down time to a few minutes..I can drop my temp from 195 to 170 in less than 5.min and It has built in idler which makes you able to use the stock belt config....as far as how many ponies it freed up???? don't really know cause I did so many other mods at once. and It doesn't drain the battery I do however have a 100 amp alt and the draw from the pump motor is less than 10 amps
Old 11-23-2007, 11:28 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I would think with a little different setup like the intake and the cam it would help you a bunch. Maybe you don't have enough back pressure, which I know loses bottom end torque.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:31 PM
rio95cobra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

settle down RIO95.......Addermk2 is not one you want to pick a bone with.....his vast array of knowledge is from experience and he does know what he's speaking of so if you expect help from forum members who have a lot of time on here and experience with different combos I wouldn't start pissing people off here like you did in your"SS" thread in the street strip section.....because the moderators are a few steps away from banning you........anyway as to the comment above about elec water pumps being a waste and a hassle and a huge drain on the battery...not true!!! I use a meziere elec pump on my 85 and it is well worth the benifit as I can run the pump while the car is off and reduce cool down time to a few minutes..I can drop my temp from 195 to 170 in less than 5.min and It has built in idler which makes you able to use the stock belt config....as far as how many ponies it freed up???? don't really know cause I did so many other mods at once. and It doesn't drain the battery I do however have a 100 amp alt and the draw from the pump motor is less than 10 amps

no im straight now man. but when someone calls me a ****stick, you better believe ill fire one back. but im tryin to be cool now. anyway, thanks for the advice with the water pump. ive already got it, just havent installed it yet.

yeah the backpressure definatly has somethin to do w/ the torque im lacking, but frees up the power. im fine with that though. i like a loud exhaust. i actually wish it was a little louder

Quick Reply: csr water pump