5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Building a stroked motor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Building a stroked motor?

mjr is right.

i dont claim to be "mr. carb" as they kick my *** plenty, but i'd much rather buy some new jets for 10 bucks and a new power valve for 10 bucks (actually they are like 7.50 or something) to adjust my settings than have to pay hundreds for tuners, or dyno tuning. hundreds on different maf sensors, injectors, throttle bodies...... and then after all that still have to deal with the possibility of o2, tps, maf, etc etc etc sensors going bad.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:01 PM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46
most probably because you don't understand the theroy and operation of a carb and or how to tune it.......I gaurantee I can tune my carbed car alot quicker than a efi and have a lot less drivability issues than a efi car .done right a carb'ed car is as efficient performance wise if not more than a efi it's all in the tune
No sir, that would be incorrect.

A properly tuned EFI set-up will kill a properly tuned carb set-up as far as overall driveability.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 5spd GT

ORIGINAL: mjr46
most probably because you don't understand the theroy and operation of a carb and or how to tune it.......I gaurantee I can tune my carbed car alot quicker than a efi and have a lot less drivability issues than a efi car .done right a carb'ed car is as efficient performance wise if not more than a efi it's all in the tune
No sir, that would be incorrect.

A properly tuned EFI set-up will kill a properly tuned carb set-up as far as overall driveability.
horseshyt!!![&:]...I've had both and have both......my carb'ed set ups will run with and faster than my similar efi set ups I've had.....besides look at which angle I'm talking about performance wise......... were not talking mpg here pal but if you have to know...I had my 85 gt that was N/A running low 12's @ 112 mph gettinga little over20 mpg...now geeeeeee how is that??? hmmmm would probably say it's in the tune in knowing how to!! when you go to the track what do most of the cars have sitting on top the intake....hmmmm carb??? hmmm why??? quicker to tune.....cheaper...yields great power........now I'm not saying efi isn't good there are pros and cons to both...so unless you've used both meaning efi and carb and maxed out boths potentials...you really won"t, don't and can't understand what I'm getting at.......And yes I do understand the power potential of a stand alone tuner... but there are only a few on here that really use that methood which is a great way to max a efi's potential......but most of the mustang owners don't use that methood..they use the ecm's limited capability to self tune itself.........trust me don't make me post videos of me spanking efi cars with 347's with my 11 to 1 306......now there is always someone bigger faster and better than me...I don't claim to be the best.....but I do know how to make a carb'ed car efficient and have good drivability