5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 PM
1990mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

Default need some help

alright i have about 2000 to spend and a good hook up who can get me parts cheap. i have a pretty stock motor stock h/c/i and i want to do somthing to really make a difference, i was thinking of a supercharger but if i buy the supercharger kit what else do i need to do so i can ust slap it on and go? and theni was thinking of getting heads a cam and a n intake but which ones will give me the greatest amount of power?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: need some help

ORIGINAL: 1990mustanglx

alright i have about 2000 to spend and a good hook up who can get me parts cheap. i have a pretty stock motor stock h/c/i and i want to do somthing to really make a difference, i was thinking of a supercharger but if i buy the supercharger kit what else do i need to do so i can ust slap it on and go? and theni was thinking of getting heads a cam and a n intake but which ones will give me the greatest amount of power?
it'll all depend then on the brand of parts he has availible to you.......you won't get a h/c/i and a supercharger for 2000 and I don't care how cheap he can hook you up cause if he can get you both deals for uder 2k then brotha gots the 5 finger discount goin' on......but the h/c/i will be your best bet for under 2k as for the supercharger it'll require supporting mods like fuel system upgrade depending on the level of boost you want to run......you've left us with too many unknown variables like current mods?, what are your goals??..you need to think it out a little more instead of I got 2000 so what do I do??? anyway even an h/c/i done right should have the fuel system upgraded ands a tune planned at a dyno shop...nothing is ever as hassle free as slap and go!! wish it worked that way but not when major mods are concerned expecially when you want to get the max from a combo oh and on a fairly stock motor you really don't want to run more than 5-6 lbs of boost without a proper tune and something like a BTM ignition to control timing...and upgraded fuel system and maf and CAI[&:]
Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
1990mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

i have equal lenght headers and a mad cold air and under drive pullies and an o/r h pipe and flowmaster 40s, i know im not going to get both the hci and superchager i was asking which is my better choice i want going to run much boost if i got the charger, my goal is to have alot of power i just want to have the car eb faster than what it is. i have 373s also. what do i have to upgrade if i got hci and or a superchager
Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I WOULD DO THE H/C/I .....and upgrade the fuel system for future possible mods like a supercharger later down the road..but that's just me
Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 PM
1990mustanglx
2nd Gear Member

by fuel system you mean the fuel rails and injectors? do i have to do that if im just doeing hci and if i do hci what should i go with
Old 11-29-2007, 02:56 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if you choose a decent H/c/i you'll be close to the max potential of the 19 lbs injectors..I'd at least go to 24 lbs and such a change requires a maf calibrated to such and reccommended upgrades are to at least a 190 lph pump but I'd do a 255lph if supercharging is in the future and an adjustable puel pressure regulator...that is what I mean by a upgrade to the fuel system and supporting components as far as reccommended h/c/i Afr and or canfield heads are good choices, a decent line of off the shelf cams is comp cams extreme energy line and intake..holley systemax, edelbrock rpm II and or some trick flow intafes are a good choice too