5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Nitrous guys help me out! UPDATE w/ videos

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:46 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Default Nitrous guys help me out! UPDATE w/ videos

Im thinking about buying this system from my buddy but i want to try it out before i buy it. He wants $50 for it. Im having trouble figuring out what system it is. I think the parts are mismatched. The nitrous jet reads '67' and i dont even know where the fuel jet it. I've got a 255lph pump so i think everything should be ok. Can someone identify what i've got here?

Old 12-01-2007, 05:29 PM
white rabbit

Default RE: Nitrous guys help me out!

ITS ALL MATCHING AND ITS A DRY SYSTEM NO FUEL JUST NOS.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

ok lose the caps man. i know for a fact that it is NOT matching, and it is a wet system. but thanks. Anyone else?

ORIGINAL: white rabbit

ITS ALL MATCHING AND ITS A DRY SYSTEM NO FUEL JUST NOS.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

that nozzle is a for a dry system.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Ok, so this means the system is just thrown together? I know FOR A FACT that its a wet shot, because there is a fuel line that goes into that blue cyclinder. Could i just get a fogger and reroute the stuff?

ORIGINAL: 1fastzook

that nozzle is a for a dry system.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

White rabbit im sorry for calling you out it looks like you were right. I had someone insisting that its a wet kit, and it made sense until i went to holley.com. Looks like its just the 150 dry shot. I've got a 255lph pump like i said so will this kit be ok to run?
[align=center] [/align]
Old 12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Dave5point0
2nd Gear Member

Dry isn't as safe as a wet kit, def cheaper and easier to install though, i sold solinoids and lines for $80 before that were in a little better shape then that, so for $50 i'd say go buy a bottle and some more line and but that baby on the bottle (its fun untill you start breakin sh*t)
Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

I would buy it for $50, have fun!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
92GreyGT
3rd Gear Member

On an EFI application dry is safer than a wet kit. On a dry kit the extra fuel is injected using the fuel injectors by cutting vacuum from the regulator. A wet kit puts fuel through the intake which was never designed for anything but air, so if not done properly the fuel can puddle in the upper intakeand cause an explosion. The only other thing I would do with a 150 it is some kind of ignition upgrade, MSD, Crane, etc.and step the plugs down a notch or so. Make sure your timing is set on 10 degreesalso.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:44 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92GreyGT

On an EFI application dry is safer than a wet kit. On a dry kit the extra fuel is injected using the fuel injectors by cutting vacuum from the regulator. A wet kit puts fuel through the intake which was never designed for anything but air, so if not done properly the fuel can puddle in the upper intakeand cause an explosion. The only other thing I would do with a 150 it is some kind of ignition upgrade, MSD, Crane, etc.and step the plugs down a notch or so. Make sure your timing is set on 10 degreesalso.
bull****...

personally i wouldnt buy that kit...1... its dry... **** a dry shot.

i run a wet shot, and will only run a wet shot...

67 yea sounds like its a 125 or higher shot... i run a 51 for my 1hundred shot

id not buy that, and start looking for a complete, or close to complete kit f/s...or... i have some **** i could sell you, that along with what you have, would get you damn close, i think all you'd need would bea feed line and bottle.(i have a wet nozzle, and fuel solenoid, NOS, just like what you have in that pic).

o and just so ya know... those solenoids will only handle a 100-125 shot... i have mine maxed out, and am not thrilled about that

anything else u need to know... or anything i didnt answer, lemme know...

Quick Reply: Nitrous guys help me out! UPDATE w/ videos