5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Any idea what kind of 1/4 and HP my car is making?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Default Any idea what kind of 1/4 and HP my car is making?

Hey guys,

I was reading the threads and stuff and I've found alot of threads where this question is asked, and I've posted in two of them asking if anyone had any idea what kind of time i would run in the 1/4 and what kind of HP i'm making but no one has answered, I don't know if its because its not worth metioning or ... lol

But here it is:
vORTECH V1 s-TRIM supercharger 10 psi
k+N aIR fILTER
pRO-M 75MM mASS aIR
67MM THROTTLE BODY
TRICK FLOW INTAKE manifold
COBRA 1.7 RATIO ROLLER ROCKER arms
MOTORSPORt E303 CAM
STOCK HEADS
FORGED PISTONS
STOCK CRANK+RODS
arp MAIN +ROD BOLTS
24LB INJECTORS
ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
255LB FUEL PUMP
DUEL ELECTRIC FANS
4 CORE RADIATOR
HURST SHIFTER
BBK 1-5/8 EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS
HeadNin NO CAT H PIPE
2 CHAMBER FLOW MASTER
3.55 REAR END GEARS
eibach SPRINGS 1-1/4 FRONT, 7/8 REAR

Thats what I got, if anyone botheres, can you please give me an a guess with the supercharger on and with it off( cause its off right now)

Thanks! =D
Dejavu
Old 03-14-2005, 07:27 AM
92BOOSTED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Any idea what kind of 1/4 and HP my car is making?

Have you had your car tuned yet. The reason i'm asking this is i think your injectors are a tad small as the engine should put out around 360hp at the wheels.You should at least have 30-36lb with an fmu or 42's without an fmu, either way it needs to be tuned( unless your running there chip).
Anyways, if you can get the power to the ground you should be low 12's ,,,, Possibly in the high 11's depending on your driving and your car weight.

Rye
Old 03-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Howly Jesus christ what? 360???!!

No I have not had my car tuned yet. I got it a few weeks ago and since I got it I havent been able to to drive it because the paper work wasn't ready, I just got it done yesterday 3/15/05...

Whats a good place to take a care to get tuned and what is "tuning" a car?

I'm doing the major tune up myself if thats what you're saying....oil change,plugs, wires, cap&rotor, new battery, suspension lubrication, filters....

How do you figure its making that much HP 92boosted??
What is "fmu", and no I'm not running any kind of chip...
sorry to cap this but HAHAHAHA my driving sucks, I haven't driven stick since I was like, 8 LOL! so I need to practice, HAHAHAHA! omg it cracks me up...everyone teases me,"so you got a muscle car but you can't drive it..." lolol!

Rye, huge favor- Could you possibly explain to me what it is that makes you think the car is making that much HP....like give me an idea as to what component makes you think adds so much power etc etc.... thanks =D

Dejavu
Old 03-17-2005, 04:49 PM
rsw007
4th Gear Member

300- 325 with that much boost
he means getting it dyno tuned / settting the timing and getting a/f set right. may have to have a custom chip burnt.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Oh,

Hmm what kind of a place does that stuff?

Dejavu
Old 03-19-2005, 05:27 AM
FiveOhNo
3rd Gear Member

...ugh
Old 03-19-2005, 05:30 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

Hey Fiveoh,

whats up!? what do you mean "ugh"!!!

Explain =P
Old 03-19-2005, 05:53 AM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

I think you made a major mistake by buying a worked car when you know absolutly nothing about it is what he meant by ugh...

And btw with that setup, if it wasnt *** backwards and maybe was setup better it could easily put 400hp at the wheels with more boost and a good tune, that would be close to 500bhp. Its easy to make a lot of power on these motors, do you know ANYTHING about 5.0 mustangs at all man????
Old 03-20-2005, 06:13 AM
Dejavu
2nd Gear Member

No I don't really know much, but thats why I bought it, cause I want to learn. I'll either make it nicer or break it, both are fine with me =)

But making it nice is the first option, thats why I'm here asking questions alot!

and what do you mean by "And btw with that setup, if it wasnt *** backwards and maybe was setup better it could easily put 400hp at the wheels with more boost and a good tune, that would be close to 500bhp." - I don't know if I misunderstood your comment or you misunderstood the question, I was asking what the car might be making with what its got and how it is- now if you're suggesting modifications to give it more power with what its all ready got then thats another thing-which would be good to hear!

I hope to get it dynoed and tuned as soon as I find a shop that does it around here- what does a custom chip do?

Dejavu
Old 03-20-2005, 02:07 PM
sc351W
1st Gear Member

Ugh is right. With all that power and no experience with a 5.0, ur askin for trouble. What i would do if i were u would be to tune the car with the blower off, gain some experience, and eventually put the blower on after you are comfortable with your driving ability. A car can be a dangerous thing if its driven by a novice.

Quick Reply: Any idea what kind of 1/4 and HP my car is making?