5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

kenne bell

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:36 AM
robert.j.delgado

Default RE: kenne bell

THERE'S A NEW KIT OUT THERE FROM HELLION THAT IS KICK ***. IT WORKS WITH THE 03 04 COBRA ENGINES BUT CAN WORK WITH OTHER ENGINES TOO. YOU RETAIN THE SUPER CHARGER AND ADD A TURBO ON TOP OF THAT . THE ARTICLE IS IN THE NEWEST FFMM MAGAZINE. TO EVERYONE YOU SHOULD READ THIS. AN 03 COBRA WITH 1100 HP!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Owning a kb on a stock 5.0 igot a lightning 90mm maf from blue oval only 85 bux brand new. 255 walbro pump was only 90, adjustable regulator aeromotive bbk ones are junk and aeromotive had the hookup on the regulator for my in the car ford racing fuel pressure gauge that was 90 too but kirban would be better since its smaller and wont hit the intake side of the supercharger butjust didnthave the hookup for my gauge so i had to bent the vaccuum hookup on the regulator. 70mm throttle body pick up a pro products one its cheaper than the bbk i got and works fine. Need to get it computer tuned. and i got accell 36lbers in mine cuz i knew i was going to change the heads and cam, but if i had to do it again id of gotten 42lb ford racing injectors. Get a lower gt40 dont use the stock lower and dont upgrade to the flowzilla unless you want to swap all your throttle body linkage sensors and everything over to a fox throttle body and get an external regulator off the rail, cuz the intake side of the supercharger with that upgrade wont let you run a regulator on the fuel rail. Also you will definitly need some tubular control arms which i got at blue oval too for 125 and some mickey thompsons to hook up. Also as for everyone who thinks twin screws arent efficient at the high rpms, its in those high rpms that i run down newer 2 and 3 valves at the top end and i got 410's.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:13 AM
DickH
1st Gear Member

Well then is there any cheaper way to get comparable hp/tq curves while N/A? I just wanted to keep a stock engine, I don't NEED it to be stock as long as when the foot goes down fun happens.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Gentlemen, as much as I like what I've read about the KB, is it not true, supporting what I've read here that a centifugal (Vortech etc.) is money better spent on a 5.0? KB's apparently give off idle grunt andtorque to an already torque-rich hard to launch settup. Isn't a delayed boost approach better for the 5.0, where the power comes on when you're rolling andthe power is easier to put to the ground? Sorry in advance if I boosted this thread...
Old 12-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Its nothing that suspension mods cant take care of, so by your reasoning you would get a centro because you dont want to have to buy some suspension mods to get it to its full potential. Im lightin em up and still pullin on cars and once i start hookin im gone, i wouldnt trade my kb for any supercharger i just wish they had a plate intercooler for it like on 4.6's.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:20 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

makes more power
more torque
less strain on motor
no power robbing effects
drives like stock until you come into boost
etc etc
so do supercharged cars from my experience.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

I like turbos because they make 20% more power for the same boost.
kinda seems dumb to me to pay the same money for 15-20% less power.

why would you ever want less power for more money ??????

Go turbo or go home when it comes to power adders

You can also control boost better with turbo thru the waste gate.
install a boost controller and all you have to do is twist a **** inside the car
for more boost. No pullie swaps.

Aftermarket computer can control boost thru the turbo also and
provide a form of traction control to ease into higher boost levels.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:08 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: r.barn

I like turbos because they make 20% more power for the same boost.
kinda seems dumb to me to pay the same money for 15-20% less power.

why would you ever want less power for more money ??????

Go turbo or go home when it comes to power adders

You can also control boost better with turbo thru the waste gate.
install a boost controller and all you have to do is twist a **** inside the car
for more boost. No pullie swaps.

Aftermarket computer can control boost thru the turbo also and
provide a form of traction control to ease into higher boost levels.
That is what I like about the turbo set up. Only question, when you aren't running boost high or just while cruising, what do you do with all the extra fuel that you ECU is programed to feed when you are in boost? I mean a 42lb injector can only spray so little right?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:21 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

SCT, Tweeker and others allow for multiple tunes to be installed
and switched back and forth with flick of a switch. you have a 10psi tune and 15psi tune. ect.

My AEM will sense and control boost and fuel all on its own
Old 12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
92Rideagain
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DickH

Well, I would really like to keep as much of the motor and whatnot as stock as possible, I figured a supercharger would be how I get the car fast and whatnot. The KB is something different and the tq seems like a nice selling point. I don't know why, but for some reason I don't like the idea of a turbo, I have no real reason to dislike them, I just don't want a turbo setup. I was kind of hoping I could get what I wanted from the motor with 3-5k and have some left for other things, but it seems that wont happen.
I have a Vortech and love it....just wish that I had bought a turbo. Go out and drive any turbo vehicle and it will put a smile on your face when the boost comes up. Turbos offer so much in flexiblity with tunes, with a twist of a **** you can compensate for varying atomsopheric conditions. The only reason thatI would keep my s/c if I can duplicate the boost controlling like a turbo does. Job Spetter of Turbo did one for a s/c but it was expensive. Do throw out turbos, they are actually IMO better fora stock setup than s/c.

Quick Reply: kenne bell