5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

t5 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Milton
3rd Gear Member

Default t5 swap question

So i have a 95gt and i was considering doing the t5 swap, and found a tranny but before i bought it i wanted to know how hard/expensive it will be to get the parts i need, cause the wreakers around where i live have realy poor selection (small town). with my year being kindoff an oddball, new body, old engine, i wanted to know what parts i can get form foxs what i can get from the newer sn95/new edges, and what are 94-95 specific
Old 12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: t5 swap question

you'll need clutch pedals for a 94-95 flywheel and clutch and a 94-95 t-5 bellhousing and if you use a fox t-5 you'll need to swap out the input shaft for a 94-95 one....also you'll eed a clutch cable and maybe the crossmember if yours won't work...these are the main components...if youe not mechanically inclined to do the input shaft swap then getting all 94-95 year specific parts is best
Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Milton
3rd Gear Member

K thanks, the tranny i was looking was from a 94-95 not sure which but if its gone thats sometihng to keep in mind if its gone, ivre taken apart and piut back together a 5 speed before(think it was outta an rx8) so id prolly attempt it
Old 12-19-2007, 10:25 PM
95stang5.0
3rd Gear Member

Piece of cake! I am doing anothe one this weeked. I have a 1995 and i am useing a tranny out of a fox, with a fox bell, fox, k member, the guys at amp said all they use are fox parts while doing the swap and assured me it would work fine. If you think about it it should because all the driveshafts are the same lengths for the fox, sn and a few new edge ones. I will let you know what happens. Mine cost around 1500 to do. I have all new parts for example. clutch, flywheel, rebuilt tranny, alum driveshfat. If you go with the stock stuff it will be much cheaper! You can also find parts anywhere if you need some peoples names and numbers to find parts let me know i have many to choose from!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Milton
3rd Gear Member

That would help, cbut id like to fond as much stuf locally as possible because im in canada so the less stuff i have to get shipped across the boarder the cheaper it is for me mot of the time. Also why a k member or waas it just something that you were doing at the same time?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:59 AM
wolverine8490
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95stang5.0

Piece of cake! I am doing anothe one this weeked. I have a 1995 and i am useing a tranny out of a fox, with a fox bell, fox, k member, the guys at amp said all they use are fox parts while doing the swap and assured me it would work fine. If you think about it it should because all the driveshafts are the same lengths for the fox, sn and a few new edge ones. I will let you know what happens. Mine cost around 1500 to do. I have all new parts for example. clutch, flywheel, rebuilt tranny, alum driveshfat. If you go with the stock stuff it will be much cheaper! You can also find parts anywhere if you need some peoples names and numbers to find parts let me know i have many to choose from!
Wont work. I tired it too. The shifterwill be off about 2-3 inches. You have to use the 94-95 bellhousing and input shaft. Even after that, I had to cut some of the floor away to make the shifter fit perfect.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

yeah amp sucks they tried to screw me on air bag for my steering wheel so i could imagine what they would do for a 1500$ tranny swap
took tem about3-4 to finally straighten it out and that was with me calling every day because they were non resonsive and non chalant

www.mpssalvage.com might have what your looking for they are the largst late model mustang dismantler in the country
Old 12-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

Where in Canada are you? Theres a place here in southern ontario called Mustang Specialteaz, they can get new parts, and they have maybe 4-5 dozen foxbodies in the yard for parts, and its mostly a 5.0l shop, they do swaps and some work.. I got all of my tranny swap stuff from there...
Old 12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

AMP is full of SHAT....you call them and tell them I said that...youeed a 94-95 bellhousing..using the fox stuff and you'll run into a too short issue!! and interference where the shifter comes out and it'll look like a hack job in the end and crossmember won't line up then..just use 94-95 stuff and it'll come out the way you want it to and is suppose too!!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM
95stang5.0
3rd Gear Member

damn that sux guess ill have to get an inputshft

Quick Reply: t5 swap question