5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

CLUTCH PEDAL WIRING????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
sofob0909
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: clutch pedal wiring????

im looking to only have it jump the neutral safety switch when i want to remote start. So the relay is my choice. I need to know which wires though. and how to test them to be sure, I am also putting in a switch that will cut the ground for the remote start if it is in gear. These two switches should stop any "jumps" or "starts in gear". Which wires and how do i test for them?????
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Does the starter have enough torque to move the driveline when the car is in gear and parked?

Just know that to make this work you would have to leave the car in neutral when u want to remotely start it. I dont know about you but even with new parking brake equipment... I dont trust it. I leave my car in gear all the time.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:27 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: sofob0909

im looking to only have it jump the neutral safety switch when i want to remote start. So the relay is my choice. I need to know which wires though. and how to test them to be sure, I am also putting in a switch that will cut the ground for the remote start if it is in gear. These two switches should stop any "jumps" or "starts in gear". Which wires and how do i test for them?????
[align=left][/align]
How? The trans is completely mechanical, how do you plan to accomplish that?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:28 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: Tony71502

Does the starter have enough torque to move the driveline when the car is in gear and parked?

Just know that to make this work you would have to leave the car in neutral when u want to remotely start it. I dont know about you but even with new parking brake equipment... I dont trust it. I leave my car in gear all the time.
Yes, it does!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:43 PM
sofob0909
2nd Gear Member

im making switches that will open the ground when the shifter is in gear.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-01-2008, 08:49 PM
93nitrousLX

The way to do this right would involve installing an additional safety switch into the shifter I could see this easily on a hurst with stops.... And then a very simple relay to by pass the clutch safety switch... It should be the one that is physically on the clutch pedal and there should only be 2 wires... One in and one out.... (I cant remember right now if its normally open or normally closed... If its open just have your relay close or open the ckt as the case may be.... But you can use the same path in parallel to your shifter switch... (it may be more work then its worth...) or if you are going to install a switch on the shifter anyway you could put them in serial there would be no need for the relay... as long as one switch satisfies the proper condition then the car will start... i.e. car in neutral or clutch pressed......... It can be done... just test with nothing in front of you lol..... and sitting in the driver seat.

Let us kjnow how it goes...

Old 01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
fourfivefour
3rd Gear Member

There are remote start kits that are made specifically for manual shift cars.
You still have to put the car in neutral and apply the E brake.
Get the proper system if the one you have does not specify manual trans and how to connect it.

Do NOT bypass your clutch safety switch!

Do a search in the Audio forum or post a question there. There are guyswho install alarms that hang in there.They may have knowledge of your situation.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:36 AM
sofob0909
2nd Gear Member

waht was that taslk about a hurst shifter????
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

ORIGINAL: Tony71502

Yes, it does!
Oh yes it does! My dad used to have a 4cyl mitsubishi pickup that didn't require the clutch be pushed in to start. I made the mistake of cranking the motor without having my foot on the brake while it was in gear, threw it into the garage door.

That was a little starter half the size of a mustang starter. A mustang starter has about twice as much tq as the one in the mitsu.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
bamaroxz
2nd Gear Member

The safety switch mjr46 posted, is it adjustable? Like the switch on the brake pedal for the brake lights? After I installed a new clutch cable I have to push and lift off the clutch pedal for the starter to engage. I have adjusted the cable a few times with no change in the starting. Don't mean to jack your thread, but while we're talkin bout it.

Quick Reply: CLUTCH PEDAL WIRING????