5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 AM
redb18b1eg6

Default need help please

Alright guys i know this is a stupid question but this is my first 5.0 and its an 87 im halfway done putting my rebuilt motor in my stang but i cant remember exactly where which bolts go where for all the waterpump and timing chain cover stuff i remembered for a while but it took me a couple of months to get the engine and all the parts and now im haveing trouble getting it all back together if anyone has a diagram or advice for figureing out which bolts go where thanks guys you guys have came thru in the past i would appreciate any adivce ( yeah i know im a dumbass but ive never had a problem like this with any of the other cars i have worked on )
Old 01-26-2008, 07:48 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: need help please

take all your original waterpump bolts, and throw them away.

go to the hardware store with your pump and timing cover, and buy all new bolts so they stick out of the holes atleast 1/2"-3/4", and buy some washers just to be safe. I bought all new bolts for my car after I saw how eroded the stock bolts were