MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Tweecer r/t any good? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/407793-tweecer-r-t-any-good.html)

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 03:18 PM

Tweecer r/t any good?

Ok im getting close to buying a tuner. The pms is real nice n all but 1grand ? i dont think its worth that. But the tweecer on the other hand like 300 used 500 new and You need a laptop right? Well if this is being tuned in my garage witch i have a desktop pc in my garage couldnt i tune it with that and unplug the usb cord and the tune will be saved on the chip in the car right?... I need help on tuner's.. whats cheap easy to use? ect

dudeboy 02-17-2008 03:34 PM

RE: Tweecer r/t any good?

What you described would work for datalogging IN THE GARAGE.

If you want to datalog on the road, where it matters, then you will need a laptop.
I found a pretty decent used Dell for $300.

The tweecer rt is a great tuning tool.
But as with all tools, it is only as good as the person using it.

It will take some reading to get up to speed. Not so much with how to use the tweecer. Learning the Ford programming philosophy is the hard part.

jason

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 03:43 PM

I understand. Thanks alot.. ya i also see your point about data logging while driving.. Im sure i can find one thats referbd or a old one or somthn that will work. But the pms is rediculously priced..

mjr46 02-17-2008 04:56 PM

you'd better understang all the scaller tables involved in the tweecer cause the tables are not for the novice!! for example there are spark advance tables vs rpm and changes to such need to be known where and if changes are made in the wrong table what will happen.....things such as injector low and high slope needs to be understood..like what is it how do changes to such affect drivability or cure such issues.. when do you make a change to such ??....these are just a few examples of what you need to understand and believe me there are plenty more..tuning it may take you weeks and months until it's just perfect expecially if you don't know what your about to get into.....you'll need to data log on the road..come back analize data and adjust tune accordingly...see my friend cheap is on your mind..remove that word and replace it with practical!!....is the tweecer practical for you?? do you have the capability to learn it and understand it..cause it could cost you way more in the long run than a dyno tune with a chip burned for your application;)

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 05:03 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...89224&rd=1 i just bought this. 400bucks? not bad i guess.. well Ive gotta learn sometime how to tune my own car.. But cant i take all this stuff with me to a tuner and have him do it? and then i can learn from there?

mjr46 02-17-2008 05:05 PM

sure you can as long as the tuner is familiar with the tweecer;)

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 05:07 PM

ok kewl.. well im sure most are it seems pretty popular..

vtecwho 02-17-2008 06:37 PM

dude, the tweecer is a COMPLICATED tool. very powerfull, though. you can change everything you could dream of, but its freakin hard to learn.... correction, it hard to find the INFO to learn how to use it. the forums are good, but like any other forum the info is in bits and pieces. if there was a complete manuel it would be a breeze compared to the alternative. as one guy said on eectuning . org, "congrats on the purchace, now get yourself a good flat screen,a bottle of tylenol and some reading glasses!" and trust me, you will spend more time reading about how to use it than you will spend using it. i have had it for 6 months and still dont know how to use it to its full potential.

keep in mind that the software that it comes with sucks for learning. there is an app. called Binary editor and EEC analyzer made by a guy named clint. that soft ware is a god sent BUT it cost 50bucks a program, you do the math. thats 100 more dollars. of course thats optional but its WELL WORTH it.

Liquid_02 02-17-2008 06:45 PM

I would personally go with Megasquirt. It's cheaper, and more versatile. I was leaning towards Tweecer as well until I read all the reviews on it. Megasquirt is more user friendly... supposeably...

irish1 02-17-2008 07:20 PM

The programs mentioned above that cost 50 bucks each?

Basically you go on a drive with your car datalogging with your tweecer and saving the log on your laptop.

Run the log through EA and BE, and it will TELL you what it thinks should be changed to make your car run better.

There are forums here and about with folks who know what all these options in the stock ecu do, and how to tweak them, you have to be patient enough to learn from them.

I'm in the middle of learning, one of my first lessons was that you can't do dick to the car until it is healthy on all fronts. No codes, no vacumn leaks, no electric gremlins, otherwise you will have to do it again, and again etc.

So no tuning for me until I figure out a couple aggravating electrical issues.

Moates gear is nice stuff, use a tweecer and BE/EA to come up with a good tune you are happy with, burn it to a 10 dollar moates chip and you free up your tweecer for another car or resale. New ones are 550, used ones are 400-450.

Matt

AdderMk2 02-17-2008 07:25 PM

I personally doubt that Andtspeed has the technical knowledge to even install a tweecer, nevermind tune with it

get your car dyno tuned.. ESPECIALLY since you are boosting it

dudeboy 02-17-2008 08:23 PM

I haven't seen any mention of boost... is there something I'm missing?

Learning the Ford programming is the hard part... but it isn't that tough...
come on guys...

If a person is willing to put in the time to learn it, then why discourage that?

Andy, pm returned...

jason

AdderMk2 02-17-2008 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: dudeboy

I haven't seen any mention of boost... is there something I'm missing?

Learning the Ford programming is the hard part... but it isn't that tough...
come on guys...

If a person is willing to put in the time to learn it, then why discourage that?

Andy, pm returned...

jason
he supposedly has a D1 procharger

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 11:06 PM

adder, why do you talk **** all the time. What do you have to back any of you **** up? Ill video tape me installing it if your that conserned of me and my **** i have. Ill have you pictures tommarow , I asked for help not ignorant comments. Everyone wonders why this forums going down hill. Its because of dicks like you on here with there big heads thinking they know everything.

AdderMk2 02-17-2008 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: AndySpeed

adder, why do you talk **** all the time. What do you have to back any of you **** up? Ill video tape me installing it if your that conserned of me and my **** i have. Ill have you pictures tommarow , I asked for help not ignorant comments. Everyone wonders why this forums going down hill. Its because of dicks like you on here with there big heads thinking they know everything.
im not the one who changed my forum name.

its dicks like me that call out posers like you! besides... I know for a fact that you DONT have what it takes to tune your car.

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 11:22 PM

ya your right. I dont have what it takes. Neither did you till you read and learned dumb ass. Your right i changed my name so I could still get on the forums with out someone saying somthing cuz of ass's like you. I know what i have and what i dont. Ive proven the **** before with pictures and videos. What the hell more do you want. Im 19 and im learning ok.. Only one way to do all this **** is to just read up and ask questions and try it for your self.. so just leave me the hell alone man. I dont bother no one on this dam site. so respect me for that and ill do the same to u.

AdderMk2 02-17-2008 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: AndySpeed

ya your right. I dont have what it takes. Neither did you till you read and learned dumb ass. Your right i changed my name so I could still get on the forums with out someone saying somthing cuz of ass's like you. I know what i have and what i dont. Ive proven the **** before with pictures and videos. What the hell more do you want. Im 19 and im learning ok.. Only one way to do all this **** is to just read up and ask questions and try it for your self.. so just leave me the hell alone man. I dont bother no one on this dam site. so respect me for that and ill do the same to u.
stop being a typical teenager... we, the wiser bunch, are trying to save you money... GET A DYNO TUNE

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 11:29 PM

I understand. Thats fine but say it with out your cockyness. You think ur **** dont stink.. Well check again bud. I dont act like a typical teenager. Cuz most would do what you want me to do. I want to learn this **** on my own man, Ive came this far on the car by my self im sure i can do the rest. Thanks to the help of some people on here.Im sure with enough help from guys that are experianced and me reading up on everything I can tune it.

AdderMk2 02-17-2008 11:34 PM

and when you blow your motor sky high... i wanna be the first person to rub it in your face

AndySpeed 02-17-2008 11:35 PM

ill be sure to let you know when i do..

vegasmax 07-15-2012 01:37 PM

OK I need some real help here I have a 2000 Explorer 5.0 yes it has the GT40P Heads and better intake. It is going into a 69'stang...Questions..is the 2000 a return line EFI system?
Do I need to change everything to a earlier 'stang EFI to wire this thing up OR...here is the real question...can I just use everything off the Explorer I need and get a TwEECer or Megasquart to eliminate the PATS, Electronic Trans, (I am using a AOD) and just reconfigure the Explorer ECM to work? I really need some expert advice here...engine is in the car ready to wire up...what sensor should I keep..no cats....any help would be great PM me or post...really need some real heads up stuff...Ron

TrimDrip 07-15-2012 02:13 PM

Yes, it is a return line fuel system. I have had one of these engines and only used the intake, block and heads. I even switched the cam out and valve springs on top of the rockers, balancer, cam synchronizer, coil-packs, oil pan, injector rail, injectors, etc...

You have an obd2 system. I am sure there probably is a handheld tuner or something out there that has those capabilities but, I am not sure someone in this section can help you. Our cars don't have coil packs or cam sensors. There is probably something available that will plug into your obd2 port but idk...If not, the Ford dealership does.