5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

oil in the throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:15 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: oil in the throttle body

so is that how the government allows our tax dollars to be spent?? gov time and on the public forums gettin paid and all......sweet....difference with me if I'm on here during the day I ain't gettin a red cent!![:@].....I need a government job!! salary ftw!!!
Haha...i work for the City/small town..w/e...for the water dept...as well as goin to school...its been slow too..thankfully..like no main breaks that we usally get in the winter..that sucks bein in a hole full of water in 0* temps..but ya i tend to get on here during work a lot lol...or other stuff like corral ..always on the lookout for good deal lol...only bad part is its not full time since i go to school too ...so the "salary" isnt the typical amount lol..but it works...
Old 02-23-2008, 09:24 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

yeah i wish i was out in pa for school. its a good thing im not cause my cousin and her husband live in the same town as me and my car isnt on the road right now so he drives me to work every morning i got really lucky
Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I gottasay i love my job. It took a while to get used to though. I used to drive truck and operate heavy machinery. I was used to working outside and staying busy. I had an accident in 2000, no brakes and coming up to a very busy four way. Instead of crushing probably several people i drove the truck off the road and jumped out before before the truck dropped down about ten feet into a ravine full of pine tree's. Busted my leg up pretty good and thought it might be time for a career change so i went back to school got my piece of paper for electronics technician and got a job on the air force base.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:40 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Oh, and i want to thank the taxpayer's for all thier support. I worked overtime today and got payed well to browse this wonderful forum.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

you suck!!!!!^^^^^^wish I had the possibility of overtime!! I need a bigger badder combo like your 351 set up!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

I gottasay i love my job. It took a while to get used to though. I used to drive truck and operate heavy machinery. I was used to working outside and staying busy. I had an accident in 2000, no brakes and coming up to a very busy four way. Instead of crushing probably several people i drove the truck off the road and jumped out before before the truck dropped down about ten feet into a ravine full of pine tree's. Busted my leg up pretty good and thought it might be time for a career change so i went back to school got my piece of paper for electronics technician and got a job on the air force base.
wow..sounds like a ride id not wanna do anytime soon...lol figured that i read that tonight..im goin with a buddy tomorrow in his truck haulin sulfuric acid...lol ..ur story puts thoughts in my head i would rather not have lol...n ya i have an uncle that was in the air force..was a crnl...finally retired a couple years ago..n govt pension is apparently pretty good...but glad to hear ya made it out without hurtin anyone..n u didnt end up worse off...
Old 02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

It was pretty bad at the time. I weigh 250. The truck was going about 44 when i jumped. I seriously thought i would just jump and roll. I missed the door handle the first time and kinda panicked trying to get out of the truck. When i did jump i landed flat footed and just fell down. I had a pain in my ankle and thought i must have sprained it. I had never broken or sprained anything so i did not know what it felt like. I stood up and looked down at my foot. It was turned completely over to the side, i was standing on the bottom of my leg. I said to myself " self this is no sprain". I layed back down holding my leg up. My foot was just flopping and then i saw the bones sticking out. I broke my fibulia,tibia and all the muscle's,tendons and nerves. The only thing holding my foot to my leg was my achille's. But after several rod's, pins, plates and screw's it's good as new. Modern medicane FTW!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:15 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

I said to myself " self this is no sprain".
haha...i just laughed a lot ...not that the stories funny..but just that part..i laughd....man that is ruff..i cant even imagin lookin down n seein my own bone...thatd be one of those "self..this probably isnt good" or "hmm thats sumthin ive never seen before" lol..glad u recovered tho..and ya modern medicine...its crazy the stuff thats possible...
Old 02-23-2008, 11:20 PM
gtpcoupe
2nd Gear Member

wow i had thought i was getting a lot of replies for help with my car but guess this is a social thread
Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Sorry about that gtcoupe. We got a little off topic. Did you check your pcv valve like stated earlier. I have carb as you can see. I used to have a problem with blowby with the dipstick coming out. I was running two breathers like everyone say's to do. They say either run breathers or pcv but do not mix the two. I have one pcv and one breather and it took care of my problem. Check your pcv and see if that helps.

Quick Reply: oil in the throttle body