5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What the heck happened to my thread??

Old 04-05-2005, 11:45 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What the heck happened to my thread??

most of your threads where moved beacause they were just general questions. trying to get it to just 5.0/ fox questions....must question shave nothing in them that says what car it pertains to...it would help me here if you guys had what car you asking about and /or in your sig. I'm not trying to over mod just working to making it better for you guys to find answer and not look thur tons of useless threads to get your answer...if you have a problem this forum..pm me I'll do what I can to correct things
Old 04-05-2005, 12:58 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Usually when we post in the 5.0 forums we have 5.0s. If we wanted help from everyone we would generally post it in the general tech forum.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

just maybe mention that...I'm no mind reader..that's why I made the suggestion putting it in your sig.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Demon_Mustang

I think some of us prefer to stick with the people we know instead of asking a bunch of people we haven't spoken to, lol.

BTW Dan, in case you're wondering, I fixed the problem. No idea what it was, because I played with a few things, then when I started it back up, hm, no noise, so it was one of the things I played with.

First, I checked alan's idea. I was looking at the harmonic balancer, and couldn't find any obvious rust on it, just dirty. I decided to just try to pry the needle out a little more just in case, but it seemed to have plenty of clearance off the blancer. So I took out my wrench and tightened the fours screws on the waterpump pulley as good as I can, I found one that seemed a little loose compared to the other, so that was probably the problem. When I started the car after that, the noise was gone.

awesome dude, when are you installing all your new shiat?

Old 04-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

vfast wrote:
"it would help me here if you guys had what car you asking about and /or in your sig."

Um, no offense vfast, but if we are posting in the 5.0 forums, regulars int he 5.0 forums, and I have a photo of my 5.0 in my avatar, then I would think that it's FAIRLY obvious the car I was asking about is a 5.0...

I think you need to trust that we are posting where we think we will be getting the most relevant results. So to get the most relevant results, we would consult those people with similar cars which might have had similar problems.

Thanks for trying to help anyway, but sometimes it might hurt more than it helps you know. Good effort though, I'm not "hating" on you for that.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
87GT5.0
1st Gear Member

I put a thread in here last night asking bout a problem i had when i took my car out for the first time this year and its gone and now im lost and was going to ask some more questions and read what everybody said but i guess not
Old 04-06-2005, 03:24 AM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 87GT5.0

I put a thread in here last night asking bout a problem i had when i took my car out for the first time this year and its gone and now im lost and was going to ask some more questions and read what everybody said but i guess not
If you do a search by your user name you can find where it went.It will have a link unless it was deleted.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:33 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

1. No, it will not always have a "moved" link. The mod can chose to leave that or not

2. You're expecting too much of Vfast. He's trying to help EVERYONE, not just you guys. If you have a question that could pertain to all models, why not put it in Gen. Tech so that others may benefit?

3. Give him a break, it's not like he's getting paid
Old 04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

What I meant was if he does a search by his user name it will show all his posts and he can just click on the one he is looking for then see where it is.
I was just trying to help by telling people how to find it the post if it gets moved.
ORIGINAL: Acer2428

1. No, it will not always have a "moved" link. The mod can chose to leave that or not

2. You're expecting too much of Vfast. He's trying to help EVERYONE, not just you guys. If you have a question that could pertain to all models, why not put it in Gen. Tech so that others may benefit?

3. Give him a break, it's not like he's getting paid
Old 04-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

No, people that post in the 5.0 forum need their posts to stay in the 5.0 forum. sorry but its agitating to look for moved posts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What the heck happened to my thread??