5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What the heck happened to my thread??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 04:24 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What the heck happened to my thread??

acer...thanks man.....alot people are just too lazy to look or put things where it should be.....I'm glad I have given some something to whine about..now thier happy
Old 04-06-2005, 04:27 PM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfast

acer...thanks man.....alot people are just too lazy to look or put things where it should be.....I'm glad I have given some something to whine about..now thier happy
I wasn't harping on you I was just letting everybody know how to find it.
I know the feeling I moderate on 3 Forums and go through the samething sometimes.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:45 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

naw I was just joking..... I'm trying to get stickies in here for like a referace guide to questions that are asked alot
Old 04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Demon_Mustang
3rd Gear Member

It's good that you're sticking up for a fellow mod, but here is the issue. We have these problems now that might not have anything to do with the 4.6L engine. We, not to sound selfish, have a problem that we need to fix. Like my problem, I had very limited time to find out the solution so I can fix it before my week of driving 50 miles per day began. I don't have time to run a charity where I'm here to share knowledge with everyone, I had a problem I needed to be fixed and I asked the people who would know my car best, and that is the people who also own similar cars as my own.

I'm sure others have been in similar situations where they need solutions, and we need to make sure our cars run fine before we can help other's with their cars. I'm sorry, but if my car breaks down tomorrow, I would be more worried about getting my car fixed so I can drive to work and school, much less be worried about writing guides for everyone else...

BTW, wouldn't it be LESS work if he simply NOT move them? It seems if having too much work is the problem, he's putting that onto himself, and I guess that makes it his prerogative, his decision, so complaining to us wouldn't really fix the problem...

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

1. No, it will not always have a "moved" link. The mod can chose to leave that or not

2. You're expecting too much of Vfast. He's trying to help EVERYONE, not just you guys. If you have a question that could pertain to all models, why not put it in Gen. Tech so that others may benefit?

3. Give him a break, it's not like he's getting paid
Old 04-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Demon...

It's his "job" to move the post whether you like it or not. Tell our 5.0 buddies to visit the Gen. tech forum too, instead of hanging out solely in here like a bunch of hermits. If you have a question about exhaust manifold bolts, tools, interior, etc. Put it in gen. tech please. I realize that you may have an "emergency" in which case a PM to a mod askig him to leave it b/c of the situation, or a PM fellow knowledgable member is would be a more correct course of action.

8719, my apologies, you are correct and that is a very helpful comment, thank you.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

this section is dedicated to 5.0 questions..not these what if's or is this the best,or what would this exhaust sound like this is a more tech area...this is a free site......don't see the big deal.....
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 PM
pipeliner
1st Gear Member

The big deal is people come here for differnt reasons. And I know this is gonna sound like im being a *******, but you should really cater to the people. Its great you have a forum. Its great reading and helps alot of people , but with out these people you wont get the advertizers. No ads means you cant pay the bandwidth.

I came back from vacation after being gone for a couple weeks and it looked like the main page has been shredded. Was it really that hard to moderate a seperate suspension forum. Now instead of going into a suspension forum I have to sift through 2 pages of general tech. To find what I was looking for.

Im not bitching im just trying to make a point that instead of you making it more user friendly you have actually made it less. How about not moving the post unless it is obviously out of place?