5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

steeda sport springs or ford racing g springs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:56 AM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default steeda sport springs or ford racing g springs.

so i just bought strange 10 wayadjustables and i need to buy springs to complete my little uprgrade. i would like to get a spring that is roughly 600-650 lbs rate and progressive. i also wanted to drop like an inch or so. i was looking at the steeda sport springs and the g springs made by ford racing. i've heard great things about steeda's springs but still unsure. i also never heard good or bad things about the g springs either. i have a 92 vert so i rides pretty rough now. a guy at steeda told me that the sport springs are progressive until they seat in the car for awhile and then they become linear. i think he;s full of it though. Are progressive springs better than linear? thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 AM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: steeda sport springs or ford racing g springs.

I have the steeda It rides like a wagon nuff said...If you going to lower the car and you want it to ride good or better than a lowering spring cut the stock springs you wont get much performance enhancement out of it but it will ride better thana lowered spring. Drop spindles in front is the best way to go if they make them for mustangs it will keep the ride almost stock.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
ericdk5.0
1st Gear Member

Yeah my steeda's on my 91 ride rough also. Especially speed bumps. But on the Highway it is comfortable.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:13 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

Steeda for lowering......... if you want performance and lil bit of lowering = ford......... they don't go over 1inch... as soon as you lower your car more than an inch, the ride will begin to suffer.... and for performance springs Ford offers the LEAST amount of lowering.... go with the ford's..... I have steedas - they handle well but the ride blows..... I BET EIBACH blows even more when it comes to ride comfort..
Old 03-03-2008, 12:19 PM
nseoi
4th Gear Member

i love the ride of the steeda's, a lot tighter than stock but you feel everything on the road. get a cadillac if you want comfort. they are amazing on the highway and the drop is beautiful. with stock tire size, the front meets the fender and the back has just enuff space to get a finger or two in.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I never thought my steeda were too stiff, hell my H&Rs are more stiff and lower and my car still rides hella awesome.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

well i was also considering the cost too. the steeda springs are 229 and the g springs are 149. an extra 80 bucks to put towards sub frame connectors or a strut tower brace.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Dude don't buy a certain car part b/c it's cheaper, this isn't the supermarket.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:53 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TTGreenSN95

I have the steeda It rides like a wagon nuff said...If you going to lower the car and you want it to ride good or better than a lowering spring cut the stock springs you wont get much performance enhancement out of it but it will ride better thana lowered spring. Drop spindles in front is the best way to go if they make them for mustangs it will keep the ride almost stock.
my dad has an '00 v6 stanger and we cut half a coil off of the stock springs. and boy did the car ride like complete crap. the ride was rough no matter if u were in the city or the highway. so i would highly recommend you dont cut the stockers. he bought the ford racing ones, not sure if they're the one your talking about, but they handle much better than stock and you can feel the bumps more. only lowered the car like half in inch or so tho.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
stanguy306
2nd Gear Member

The motorsport springslower the front more than the back.....I think they lower more than 1 inch my car is low...and I had to cut a coil from the back of mine to ride level well just a hair higher in the back now....they suck....I have some Eibach sportline in my coupe with Bilsteins its super rough ride....but that could be the bilsteins...they are stiff as $hit.....I had lakewoods in my old car with Eibach drag launch springs...rode likea cadi....and wasa 4x4...ha

Quick Reply: steeda sport springs or ford racing g springs.