5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

why, how and how much

Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 PM
88convertman
1st Gear Member

Default why, how and how much

Ok i have a bad vacuum leak coming from the brake booster but from the inside. I hear this loud hissing sound and when i step on the brake real hard it goes away and the car stalls. what is this and is there a easy fix? and one other thing since i put the intake on i have a small popping sound coming from the intake inlet but it will do it every so often and i know the timing is right can it be caused by the different nipple i put on the injector? the nipples are all the same but "one" and can that cause the car to sound and act like it is runniong on 7 cyl untill a cirtain rpm then itsounds fine after like 3000 rpm.....
Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Ridinsidewayz
1st Gear Member

Default RE: why, how and how much

the easy fix would be to replace it. It sound like the diapham inside the booster might be broken. I don't know if you can rebuild them. If so it might not be worth it. You can probably pick one up from a junk yard pretty cheap. The sn95 mustangs are a little better anyway from what I hear.

Search this Thread