widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7 - Page 2 - MustangForums.com


5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #11  
jtmustang
5th Gear Member
 
jtmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: arlington,WA
Posts: 3,743
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

whats the widest tire u can put on a weld 15x8
jtmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:09 AM   #12  
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no
Posts: 666
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

well i've seen lots of stang guys run 275/50 and 60 on their stock 15x7 10 hole rims. So ya.
rust_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #13  
H0SS302
6th Gear Member
 
H0SS302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,550
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

yup most ppl in the 4.6 area run 275's on there stock 8inch wide rim
H0SS302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 AM   #14  
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member
 
86 5.0L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,884
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rust_stang

well i've seen lots of stang guys run 275/50 and 60 on their stock 15x7 10 hole rims. So ya.
thats just asking for trouble
86 5.0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #15  
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member
 
TRexGAWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,761
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

275's on a 7" rim is the dumbest thing I've heard. Even on an 8" it's not recommended. 9" rim is suitable for a 275 tire. 8" rim will fit a 255 and I would not recommend using a 7" rim in the rear. Why go narrower than stock rim size? Unless it's for the front.
TRexGAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #16  
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no
Posts: 666
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TRexGAWD

275's on a 7" rim is the dumbest thing I've heard. Even on an 8" it's not recommended. 9" rim is suitable for a 275 tire. 8" rim will fit a 255 and I would not recommend using a 7" rim in the rear. Why go narrower than stock rim size? Unless it's for the front.
Derr derr derr...










Mickey Thompson 3753R
$163.95
Estimated Ship Date:4/4/08






















Brand:
Mickey Thompson

ProductLine:
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires

PartType:
Tires

Part Number:
MTT-3753R

TireSize:
275/50-15

RimDiameter(in):
15 in.

SidewallStyle:
Blackwall

TireConstruction:
Radial

Directional:
Yes

TireDiameter(in):
26.00 in.

MinimumRecommendedRimWidth(in):
7.50 in.

MaximumRecommendedRimWidth(in):
9.50 in.

TreadWidth(in):
10.00 in.

SectionWidth(in):
11.30 in.

AsymmetricalTreadPattern:
No

TubeRequired:
No

TireCompound:
R2

DOT-Approved:
Yes

Quantity:
Sold individually.[/align]


[sm=thanx.gif]
rust_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #17  
jtmustang
5th Gear Member
 
jtmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: arlington,WA
Posts: 3,743
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

well they say to stay within an inch of how wide the tire is the 275 is 11" wide but everyone does.

so whats the widest i can run on the 15x8 draglites as in slick wise?
jtmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #18  
rust_stang
I ♥ Acer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: no
Posts: 666
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

guy at the strip with his 9 second duster runs 15x8's with a 13" overall wide slick
rust_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #19  
87Stallion
3rd Gear Member
 
87Stallion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ALberta
Posts: 630
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

I have 255/60/15 on my 15x8 Weld's. I tryed 275/60/15's but they where to tall and the rubbed.
87Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #20  
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member
 
TRexGAWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,761
Default RE: widest tire for weld draglite 15 x 7

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rust_stang

Quote:
ORIGINAL: TRexGAWD

275's on a 7" rim is the dumbest thing I've heard. Even on an 8" it's not recommended. 9" rim is suitable for a 275 tire. 8" rim will fit a 255 and I would not recommend using a 7" rim in the rear. Why go narrower than stock rim size? Unless it's for the front.
Derr derr derr...





Mickey Thompson 3753R
$163.95
Estimated Ship Date:4/4/08






















Brand:
Mickey Thompson

ProductLine:
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires

PartType:
Tires

Part Number:
MTT-3753R

TireSize:
275/50-15

RimDiameter(in):
15 in.

SidewallStyle:
Blackwall

TireConstruction:
Radial

Directional:
Yes

TireDiameter(in):
26.00 in.

MinimumRecommendedRimWidth(in):
7.50 in.

MaximumRecommendedRimWidth(in):
9.50 in.

TreadWidth(in):
10.00 in.

SectionWidth(in):
11.30 in.

AsymmetricalTreadPattern:
No

TubeRequired:
No

TireCompound:
R2

DOT-Approved:
Yes

Quantity:
Sold individually.[/align]


[sm=thanx.gif]

Hmmm, thank you for proving my point. Although I know you were trying to prove me wrong. Lets see minimum is 7.5" and maximum is 9.5" which leaves between 8" and 9". What did I say...that's right 7" is stupid and 9" is suitable although 8" could work(just not recommended). Why don't you learn how to read before you post a response...and grow up while you're at it. Honestly who makes derr derr derr comments other than teenagers? Now...thank you
TRexGAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install jwog666 Pipes, Boost & Juice 6 01-07-2018 07:16 AM
Rear Package Shelf jrrhd73must Classic Mustang General Discussion 2 10-02-2015 09:17 PM
What other parts should I be concerned about if my pinion bearing went bad? KingRando 2005-2014 Mustangs 5 10-02-2015 08:06 AM
Hi - Yes, I'm a gal and need help CS2007 General Tech 7 09-29-2015 07:38 PM
Car Suspension problems? marc954 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 2 09-29-2015 11:18 AM


Tags
10, 15, 157, 15x7, 28, 93, 950, dragite, draglite, front, hole, mustang, size, slick, tire, weld, wide, widest

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.