5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

just need a little more help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
suzukispeeder
1st Gear Member

Default just need a little more help

well I changed mass air sensor, sample tube, and put a set of rebuilt and flowed injectors and now it dont cut out in 3,4,5th but it seems to have a horrid miss throughout the gears. I looked at the spark plugs and all of the looked good and clean except for #2 and it looks like it might be getting flooded or not firing one but I checked it and it has spark. I don't know whats wrong with it I'm just going to have to pay someone to fix because I cant even get the codes from it.

Anyone have a 93 lx or know where I can find out what color wires should be in the eec test plugs and where they should be mine has 3 out of the 5 wires and one of code scanner prongs doesnt have anything in my plug to plug into (no wire I mean )
Old 03-17-2008, 07:36 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: just need a little more help

so does it have all new cap, rotor, wires and plugs?? if so done a compression test on cylinder that you feel is missing?? an occiliscope will be able to pinpoint where the misfire is so if you can use the ecm to run a cylinder power balance test you may be best taking it to shop
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
suzukispeeder
1st Gear Member

yea did a comp. test all checked at around 150 but no havent put new cap or wires on it but Ive switched cause I had two sets of wires one Msd, 1 Accel. Yea you probably right just need to see if they will run a test without having to fix car the local dealer charges 70 an hour. You think they could get my codes directly from computer since its not communicating with my eec plug?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

they may be able to... ya gotta try something....but for a misfire I really don't need to run codes on a obd 1 car.. an occiliscope is my friend...to see if there is any cylinders with high firing voltages and or erratic parade patterns on the secondary ignition side
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
suzukispeeder
1st Gear Member

ok I'm just tired of messing with it to tell you the truth. If i would have known it would be this much work I would have kept my civic or at least traded it for a running stang
Old 03-17-2008, 08:48 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

don't feel bad the white 85 in my sig is almost done after 9 years and oodles of $$$$$$ and 4 motors later[:@]