5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

NEW BFGs....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:12 PM
mstng675l
2nd Gear Member

Default NEW BFGs....

Hey all i just ordered the new BFG g-force drag radials... I was just wondering if any of you had any insight or comments on there performance at the track... How well do these things hook??? I have read many articles about them being the "Fastest Drag Radial"... They have set many world records for the DOT radial class... I was just wondering what kind of hook to expect from these tires and would these be your recomendation....

Basically what it all comes down to is did i make a good choice in going with the BFGs??? I am just looking for the pros and cons and how they compare to other drag radials...

Thanks in advance...

Edit: Here are the Tires..
Old 04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
mstng675l
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: NEW BFGs....

[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 04-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default RE: NEW BFGs....

good set of tires but dont last long. with thread they hook better on street. when bald they do better on strip. run 22psi in a radial. do a good burnout for the first time. then after that just do enought to you get some smoke. no john force burnouts. stage car like you need to and go at it. DRs can hook just as well as et streets but you need to know how to go about it. running anything lower then 18 is too low for them. now if you had et streets then yea lower could be better. good luck