5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

THATS THE LAST STRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
jperz89lx
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: THATS THE LAST DRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!

+1 on theET streets if you wanna stick with radials go with the ET street radialsboth are gonna be way better then what you've got
Old 03-31-2008, 04:43 PM
apedosmil
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goatnipples2002

I watched a local race of an STI KILLING a Z06, the main reason was a 2 stage rev limiter. Set it to what the highest rev you can launch at without spinning and you will have consistent launches...good tires are needed too. So my suggestion is good tires and a 2 stage limiter. Kinda hard to launch on AWD without them.
Nooo. don't put a rev limiter on a car let a lone a mustang. All people who launch cars good at the track DON'T use rev limiters, kids who buy STIs and put a fart can on the back use those cause they can't actually launch and don't realize what their doing to their engine. It's like your engine is bart simpson and your rev limiter is homer simpson strangling him[&:]
Old 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
87TOPLESSGT

if ur interested, I have a set MT DOT Drag slicks, They been down the track Maybe five times, still like new. 200 gets em. Youll find find other weakness when install these(a car with some decent #'s anyways). Buell4u2nv@yahoo.com, thanks and g' luck.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:11 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

mickey thompson et streets, they have the 2 lines going down the middle. i have the 255/50/16's, tall tire like you want. 331 h/c/i auto (small stall, like 2500-3k, should be a 3800 but damn cheap *** tranny shop...get a edge or PI converter!) 3.27's and i dont spin off the line, i dont have a tune so im at a loss of some hp.

if you didnt have the 4.10's i would say turbo.
whats a "edge or pi converter" ?

how did you knw i was interested in doing a turbo!? lol, i dont think ive mentioned that in a while.

with the $2000 im ether doing heads or a turbo(low boost), it all depends.
(guy at work has a buddy that does all the tubbing for cheap, so thats where i save money)

whats the difference between "ET streets" and "ET street radials" ??

are the mickey thompson's your talking about the radial ones? or just the ones that are slicks with the 3 lines?
how do they act on the highway?
Old 03-31-2008, 05:12 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: apedosmil

ORIGINAL: goatnipples2002

I watched a local race of an STI KILLING a Z06, the main reason was a 2 stage rev limiter. Set it to what the highest rev you can launch at without spinning and you will have consistent launches...good tires are needed too. So my suggestion is good tires and a 2 stage limiter. Kinda hard to launch on AWD without them.
Nooo. don't put a rev limiter on a car let a lone a mustang. All people who launch cars good at the track DON'T use rev limiters, kids who buy STIs and put a fart can on the back use those cause they can't actually launch and don't realize what their doing to their engine. It's like your engine is bart simpson and your rev limiter is homer simpson strangling him[&:]
lol, belive me, i wasent listening to that one
Old 03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

It comes down that you have a Mustang Foxbody and he has a Subaru[&o]. 20+ plus years later and the Foxbody is still going stron. No one will give a **** about a Subaru in 20 years. Thats IMO. So the same goes for Neons, Eclipses(mistsu****) Tiburons(New edge ripp off).
Old 03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 302army187

so what im asking for is some "cheap mods" i can only spend about $500(maybe more if its something that would really make a difference)
2 things will help alot for that price, and both will benefit w/ a sticky tire.

Nitrous and a good converter.

squirt 80 on it....you'll cut 10 full car lengths off minimum...maybe more....my '90 aod vert cut 15 off w/ 100 jets

go 3000 minimum on the converter, gonna spend $500 on that and then for the labor if you don't do it, you'll be in it for almost $900 at a guess

used cheater slicks can be had for $150
used nitrous kits for $250

so the way my math adds up, you have enuff for nitrous, tires and 4 nitrous fills....that'll get you about 40 nitrous runs

Old 03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

ORIGINAL: 302army187
so what im asking for is some "cheap mods" i can only spend about $500(maybe more if its something that would really make a difference)
2 things will help alot for that price, and both will benefit w/ a sticky tire.
Nitrous and a good converter.
squirt 80 on it....you'll cut 10 full car lengths off minimum...maybe more....my '90 aod vert cut 15 off w/ 100 jets
go 3000 minimum on the converter, gonna spend $500 on that and then for the labor if you don't do it, you'll be in it for almost $900 at a guess
used cheater slicks can be had for $150
used nitrous kits for $250
so the way my math adds up, you have enuff for nitrous, tires and 4 nitrous fills....that'll get you about 40 nitrous runs

im trying to stay away from nitrous, as i would prob need a tune, so im wanting to wait till after heads.

it all depends on what im gonna do, heads, turbo, etc

when you say cut off 10cars, do you mean in a 1/4 or what?

a nos kit that i could hide would be great, i would only squirt it when going agest fast cars, as it would cost to much to spray alot on the street.

im prob just going to do tires for now, but how would i know what converter would be good for me?
how hard are they to install?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Aikin9350
1st Gear Member

Ok look at it like this How much did he pay for that Piece O S***, Exactly alot of money Now say you had that much in your car you would blow his doors off like he was standing still. I hate WRX ,Civics I hate all imports...Ill Race HIM, But if all you got right now is 500 bucks broGet a little Nasel juice and some tires you'll be good.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

you'd need a tune for turbo too!! with a wet kit and Nos you shouldn 't...what you need is just flat out more power cause yo' buddy if he had a clue how to race that ride should walk you easy every time.. I'd do the heads and cam and tires...and et streets are basically slicks with two small groves for dot approval and et street radials are just that radials with more of a street tread but still not much

Quick Reply: THATS THE LAST STRAW! NEED MORE POWA!!!