5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

new flywheel and clutch and t5 car shakes/vibarates like hell!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: new flywheel and clutch and t5 car shakes/vibarates like hell!!!

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

wow chickens, wow, none of my business..anyways as it was said lively hood this is my livelyhood. i am a self employed mobile mechanic, i take it personal when in told im a idiot more or less and should let a shop do my work.ive worked at a few shops which scares me to where i will never take a car to get worked on nor could i afford it for the stuff im doing. nor should i have to when i can do it at home at my leisure. and i appreciate the appoligy, eh i cant spell which does make me look dumb.eitherway tech school would be nice but i cant afford it at this point but its been a thing i wanted to do for a while as wa state has 2 pretty top notch tech schools. i geuss i lack tolerance which is a personal issue of mine that im tryn hard to improve on it, women hate me in that dept,lol. say im mean, yup, im a *******. but i try to be a nice one and not take things the wrong way but im sure you would have felt insulted after hearing the same general statement a few times from the same person, ehh anywho, water under the bridge...now fix my car1 just kidding. i dont feel like messing with it right now so il let it sit till i get tired of looking at it on ramps infront of my house and then ill take everything back out. half tempted to let it sit and find a wreck mass air car and swap drivetrains
if you wish to narrow down the problem from a tranny issue vs clutch/ flywheel concern..........push the clutch in while reving the motor to the sweet spot of vibration ..if the vibration goes away then the prob would be in the tranny/ input shaft as it stops spinning when clutch is pushed in .....if however the prob is still present then lean towards a flywheel...you did have dowl pins that help align pressure plate in the flywheel I assume??
Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

so youre saying get the motor to the rpm where its the worst and push in the clutch? right...i dont have to rev it at all its horrible at an idle, shakes the entire car. it shakes the most at 3k and lags off at 4k clutch seems to make no differance. i reved it with and without clutch in till 4k rpm, same thing, real bad, news. i fi drove the car like this i would make it a few miles before something broke or shook loose
Old 05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 86GT 93LX

so youre saying get the motor to the rpm where its the worst and push in the clutch? right...i dont have to rev it at all its horrible at an idle, shakes the entire car. it shakes the most at 3k and lags off at 4k clutch seems to make no differance. i reved it with and without clutch in till 4k rpm, same thing, real bad, news. i fi drove the car like this i would make it a few miles before something broke or shook loose
I assume the prob was not present before clutch/flywheel replace correct???...if not the prob lies within the install/something overlooked or the parts you purchased...you can't trust aftermarket parts and the quality control nowadays with all the out source of manufactoring to china , mexico and so forth....examine everything when removing and look for possible misinstalled or damaged parts..take your time taking it apart and make sure stuff is seated properly before removing..remember you are trying to isolate/find a problem so don't just unbolt all and bolt new up again, while remeoving stuff take time and examine first
Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

yea it was fine before except the input shaft was eating up the inside of the retainer due to bad bearings in the gears behind the housing/case. everything is new here. i talked to the flywheel people and they said the 2 flywheels for 5.0s are the same weight just differant clutch sizes. so its not that79-85 is differant and 86-95 is also.i dont have the motivation to mess with it right now
Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46
TWO wrongs don't make a right....if you thought I was low...
I don't have you blocked and
I don't hate you nor for the stuff you do not know.....so don't hate on me for what I know.....
lets stop the personal character attacks, I did not start it here with you and if you expect me to continue it your wrong..
show me you are above such tactics....
I hope you do not mean to say that you may do two wrongs with impunity and if somebody simply calls you on it that they are chicken*** like you just called me... you wronged me then insulted me. I complained about this treatment so now I am the one who is chicken**** How is coming into my thread before and telling everybody that Im an a**hole that you blocked simply because I asked for brands of 3" exhaust? Does this show "the things you know that I hate you for"? You didnt suggest you just said that instead. Explain that, dont affect this JC poise

Old 05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: Hamutoff

ORIGINAL: mjr46
TWO wrongs don't make a right....if you thought I was low...
I don't have you blocked and
I don't hate you nor for the stuff you do not know.....so don't hate on me for what I know.....
lets stop the personal character attacks, I did not start it here with you and if you expect me to continue it your wrong..
show me you are above such tactics....
I hope you do not mean to say that you may do two wrongs with impunity and if somebody simply calls you on it that they are chicken*** like you just called me... you wronged me then insulted me. I complained about this treatment so now I am the one who is chicken**** How is coming into my thread before and telling everybody that Im an a**hole that you blocked simply because I asked for brands of 3" exhaust? Does this show "the things you know that I hate you for"? You didnt suggest you just said that instead. Explain that, dont affect this JC poise

the discussion between 86gt 93lx and I does not involve you and THEREFORE you have been dealt with via PM....please keep it as such in the future if you have an issues and or concerns to discuss with me, Thank you and have a good day
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

guy, I only did the same thing you have done to me on a few occasions[:'(]... no problem....
Hopefully this shows you what its like, wow. you didnt like it either... It is my hope that this example will restrain future incidents
Old 05-16-2008, 04:51 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

ok so heres the deal my old flywheel is balanced it has a drilled hole with a weight/dowel added. only this flywheel works with this motor as its been built, crank shaved or something. old flywheel has been resurfaced and everything is back in, new clutch, new t5 with cryogenic racing gears, car doesnt shake
i knew something funny was going on, so i had the right flywheel for a stock 5.0 but not one thats been balanced!!!to all u doubters and turd slingers, muh huh huh, suck a fat one! i know what im doing here and i figured it out on my own, no thanks to anyone on here and alll the negative feed back. anyways im luving the new t5 gears!!! thing rips azz, 5th is still same as stock but the rest, whew-eeie!! a lil harder to drive normal now haha