5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

new flywheel and clutch and t5 car shakes/vibarates like hell!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default new flywheel and clutch and t5 car shakes/vibarates like hell!!!

i think i might have gotten the wrong flywheel, this thing shakes so bad!! anyone have this happen?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: new flywheel and clutch and t5 car shakes/vibarates like hell!!!

was it a 50 oz balance flywheel??
Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

did you tighten the bolts?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

psh just take a wheel weight to the side youll be fine
Old 04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

torqued to spec 75-80 ft lbs. calle the place its supposed to be the right one. its
made bt STANDARD FLYWHEELS THE CORE NUMBER SAYS RF EIZR 6380 AA. MY OLFLY WHEEL SAYS THE SAME THING EXCEPT A2A instread of AA but i called and its the right one for a 86! wtf. and now my starter wont engage not even a click. it spun once without engaging then nothing.
ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

did you tighten the bolts?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

my clutch cable fet loose when i put it back in hmmm, i drove the car and it drove better as far as power to the wheels. my new t5 seems good, but it vibrated soo bad at 3k rpm and eased up at 4k and was shaking the whole car at a idle but not as bad as at 3k. when i turn the key to try to start it with the door open the dome lights on, as soon as i turn the key the like goes out and i hear a dull click, seems like the starter is stuck or burned up?! wtf i turned the crank with a breaker bar, all seems normal. wtf!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
brentloftis
2nd Gear Member

you the same guy that has the wrong pilot bearing?
Is so now is the time pull the trans back off and inspect the damage and locate what bolt is out of place you should take to a auto parts shop amid have them turn to see warp-age can be found, or pursue getting replacement as this defective.

*** I am about dead to the world so I will save the rest fot tomorrow
Old 04-30-2008, 01:51 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brentloftis

you the same guy that has the wrong pilot bearing?
Is so now is the time pull the trans back off and inspect the damage and locate what bolt is out of place you should take to a auto parts shop amid have them turn to see warp-age can be found, or pursue getting replacement as this defective.

*** I am about dead to the world so I will save the rest fot tomorrow
no i had the wrong relaese bearing, but i did have issues getting the old pilot bearing out. and the flywheel didnt just slip right on right away but thats normal.maybe theres some crap on the shaft making the flywheel not sit right? but i kinda doubt it i clean it up good after doing the rear main seal. and the fact my starter suddenly whent **** up is real strange since its only a few years old leads me to think something isnt right. i have no clue. im pulling the starter tomorrow and then going from there. this thime im yarding the motor and tranny out in one peice out the top and replacing pangasket and stuff and maybe get my old flywheel resurfaced and switch them who knows. this sucks
Old 04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

sounds like something is wrong with transmission lining up to me.
Maybe the bell being on crooked. your flywheel should be 100% perfect.

I asked you in last thread, but I dont think you saw it... Do you have any idea where that transmission is from? Stock '86 one or is it different?

From the sounds of it some of your bell bolts aren't in all the way to make it sit flush with the engine. They could be torqued down on the way, but there could be something causing it to not sit flush when torqued, which is why i asked if the transmission was the '86 one. If for some reason you got ahold of a 94-95 T5 & you were using a fox t5 bell that would cause this since the input shaft & bell housing are longer on those transmissions & swapping to a fox bell housing would mean the input shaft will stick out far & make it near impossible to get the transmission to sit flush. + it would push extremely hard on the pilot bearing.

Are you still using the starter index plate? (it's the thin plate that goes between the engine & transmission bell housing)
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Jrichber95GTS
2nd Gear Member

when i turn the key to try to start it with the door open the dome lights on, as soon as i turn the key the like goes out and i hear a dull click

anyone thinking battery connection?

Quick Reply: new flywheel and clutch and t5 car shakes/vibarates like hell!!!