5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

the stroker is no more

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: the stroker is no more

ORIGINAL: woodsy

ORIGINAL: 5spd GT

Who built it?
I did, I saw the oil filter, certainly no real signs there. Could be a piston pin, piston skirt, bearing or something else, have no idea till i get it back to evaluate. I stand behind my stuff 110%, I dont pawn off blame anywhere other than where it should go. Rightfully so. I have a short on a pallet already to go out in the morning, he will have a new one thursday morning. No charge for the short, no charge for the freight to him or charge for the freight to get the old one back, rightfully so. Motor still has oil pressure, thats always a tip off, first 150 mile oil change filter was spotless. Main and rod bearings dont go from being loose to being tight regardless of mileage, this is why its very important for me to get the short back so i can evaluate it. He has the exact same short block as MJR46 who beat the snot out of it a few weeks ago at the track, so speculation at this point as to why or what happened, is just that, speculation. Murphys law is alive and kicking in the high performance engine building game. Its all in how you handle it, and I will do everything in my power to get it resolved with minimal cash outlay from a customer of mine.
That is awesome customer service. I'm sure you know this since your in the industry but alot of the commercial, mass produced performance engine builders would just say oh well, that's the chance you take with go fast parts and high perfomance engines.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Sorry, but I can't bite my typing fingers anymore......... if that is not customer service.... what is?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:01 PM
1mean5.0
2nd Gear Member

hey woody, where ya located, I need some work done too!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:06 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

now you guys all know why me and mjr went with fordstrokers instead of anyone else. the service is what sold me from day one. and if i would of went with anyone else i would have a paper weight in my yard cause i have no more money to spend on this car at all. so basically, if it wasn't for woody having thee best customer service around, i'd be sol right now. It's still gonna be a pain to tear this one out and put the new one in but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:08 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

hoe li ****e damn woody, that statement knocked up my respect for you another 10 notches, good luck CT and woody on getting this resolved
Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

there was some oil in my throttle body when i took it all off. not sure what would cause that. or if its bad/normal
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

Man that sucks *** dude. Hopefully it ends up working out okay.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

let's get it torn down, let me get it back and if in fact it is my fault undoubtedly I will help in any way I can, I know everyone is tight on money and this is our passion and hobby so I want Colin to not have to spend any money on a problem that may lie with me. I will send him intake gaskets and head gaskets, hes just going to have to chip in some blood and sweat. If everything in life was rosey, I would be retired long ago
Old 05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: woodsy

ORIGINAL: 5spd GT

Who built it?
I did, I saw the oil filter, certainly no real signs there. Could be a piston pin, piston skirt, bearing or something else, have no idea till i get it back to evaluate. I stand behind my stuff 110%, I dont pawn off blame anywhere other than where it should go. Rightfully so. I have a short on a pallet already to go out in the morning, he will have a new one thursday morning. No charge for the short, no charge for the freight to him or charge for the freight to get the old one back, rightfully so. Motor still has oil pressure, thats always a tip off, first 150 mile oil change filter was spotless. Main and rod bearings dont go from being loose to being tight regardless of mileage, this is why its very important for me to get the short back so i can evaluate it. He has the exact same short block as MJR46 who beat the snot out of it a few weeks ago at the track, so speculation at this point as to why or what happened, is just that, speculation. Murphys law is alive and kicking in the high performance engine building game. Its all in how you handle it, and I will do everything in my power to get it resolved with minimal cash outlay from a customer of mine.
hey now!! easy there!!! I didn't beat it to hard 2 runs and got my goal and put her away!! infact I took it out to the cruise in friday and it's still running fine and oil pressure is good..........I have a whopping 157 miles on it now!!! but if it were going to let go you figure it'd of done it after my two burn outs....anyway wow^^^^^ that sucks[:@]but what's awesome is woody standing behind his work!! glad I choose him!!my local machine shop just pointed to a sign on the wall that said no warranty on HP builds 4 years ago when my block chewed up the bearings cause they fudged the tolerances[:'(]...anyway hope it works out for you
Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I thought most people waited till like 500 miles to break in a motor before beating on it.

Quick Reply: the stroker is no more